Nicest Gold ring so far, and rings so far this year!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Decided to hunt a sledding hill near my house that I haven't hit much. Normally I ride my mountainbike Mondays after work, but with all the rain we had the trails would be muddy and it just tears them up, so the next-best thing was done (THing!!)
Right away I hit a BANGER of a nickle-foil signal and out popped this honker men's 14K band (which, incidentaly fits me perfectly)
Got some clad, a wheatie -'56, and then picked up a small white-gold class ring/year of '99 pendant thing.

Also, here a few pics of the rings and some other cool stuff I have found since I started this hobby in Feb. 2006. The ACE250 works very well, but I know a lot of success depends on perserverance, patience and going slow.

HH all!

Attachments

• biggold9_18.jpg
    biggold9_18.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 715
  • goodybox.jpg
    goodybox.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 691
  • rings1.jpg
    rings1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 684
  • rings2.jpg
    rings2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 678
  • military.jpg
    military.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
thanks everyone :)

One of my other passions has been bass fishing. Since I started this hobby (THing) in Feb of this year, I see a lot of parallels. It takes patience. It takes reearch and knowledge of the area you are "fishing". It takes perserverance and sometimes, a bit of luck creeps in there.
I have heard from some folks who have been doing this much longer than I and haven't found this many rings, or as many silver coins, etc. I have already unearthered 3 halfs. I consider my VF1908 Barber dime my best coin. Like fishing, I can look at my coin album and remember vividly where and when each and every silver coin came from and what the weather was like, etc. Like fishing, I doubt that these memories will fade with time. I hope that eventually a sort of "dejavu" will emerge as it did after decades of fishing, where I could be out, even on a lake I haven't before fished, and a certain combination of conditions mentally takes me right back to similar times in the past and almost points me in the right direction, or the correct lure.
I don't consider myself successful. I envy those that finds 1800's large cents. I want to be the guy who finds an old spot that yields seated coins.
I KNOW that if I keep at this thing, I will eventually be that guy. So I guess some modicum of confidence helps as well.

HH all!

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
What a fantastic collection of rings..............I need to find more rings... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread