Nickle boxes

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Well my average was hovering around 1:16,000 nickels or 1 in 8 boxes, or 0.125 per box, but has recently (since roughly the beginning of 2008) dropped to 1:12,000 or 1 in 6 boxes...or roughly 0.17 per box. Not as good as others are reporting but my sample size is over 400,000 nickels so it's legit.

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
OK... Just went through my first of two boxes... and no Buffalos.

It was a really good box though.
I ended up pulling roughly 40 coins the highlights are
38 P - EF
45 D - G (silver)
What I think is a greek coin... Same dimensions as the nickel... feels like it's roughly the same weight. Has Liberty on the front (but instead of it saying liberty it says Libertas). Other lettering on the front Confederatio Helvitica... Dated 1970
This box had a bunch of 70's issues in really great shape. I was able to update 5 coins from that decade in my pulled from circulation set.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
springcypress said:
OK... Just went through my first of two boxes... and no Buffalos.

It was a really good box though.
I ended up pulling roughly 40 coins the highlights are
38 P - EF
45 D - G (silver)
What I think is a greek coin... Same dimensions as the nickel... feels like it's roughly the same weight. Has Liberty on the front (but instead of it saying liberty it says Libertas). Other lettering on the front Confederatio Helvitica... Dated 1970
This box had a bunch of 70's issues in really great shape. I was able to update 5 coins from that decade in my pulled from circulation set.

That would be a Swiss coin.

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Thanks for the attribution. Forgot to mention that there was the number 20 on the reverse.

Also forgot to mention that I picked up what I think is only my 3rd 1950 P through CRH.

springcypress

Jun 9, 2008
Cypress Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I owe you two MS dimes BB...

Just finished the second box and no Buffalos... (did find a 20 Pence which was a first)

Looking through my 2x2 spares album, I have the following which all fall into the 63 range (they're all blast white as well)... If you don't have a Roosie collection started this would be a good time to start... Pick any two that you want and send me your address.
47D
48S
52D
53D
53S
55S
56D
57P
57D
58D
60D
64P