New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went searching for that 1600's home site, looked on the old maps and had talked to the owner couple times before. It was too early to knock on his door I was there at 7:00 am, I had a busy schedule today and had to bundle up against the 28 degree weather. Here is the owners spread, I hunted there three other times around the house not finding any old coins. I will hit there again soon.

20141129_090847.jpg

I was about half way to this spot where I suspected the home site was when I took the pic of his house and barn. On my way I found a can bottom, three pull tabs, and a hunk of modern romex wire.

20141129_090853.jpg

Just before I went in the overgrown piece of woods I took a pic of an American Bald Eagle that was watching me while looking for food from his perch.

20141129_090913.jpg

When I got in the woods it turned out to be a newer site (still have to find the old home site) I believe it was a train depot (long story) I found junk, garbage, trash, and a keyhole plate. The big round circle thing is lead, I think it is a lead seal to a toilet? Ha, very hard in that wooded piece, briers and poison ivy. I'm not sure but I think the eagle was sitting in a old home site tree. Can't win em all, but a pretty two hour hunt.

20141129_184235.jpg

Upvote 2

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can't win 'em all TB but nice scenery. If someone just HAS to make a good find on each hunt, they need another hobby. HH, Q.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't win 'em all TB but nice scenery. If someone just HAS to make a good find on each hunt, they need another hobby. HH, Q.

You sure have that right, it's a great area history wise. The town was one of four towns that had a tea party back before the war.Here they dressed as Indians and threw out the tea (burned it if I remember correct)

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Your photos bring a feeling of serenity. Just you and the eagle. :icon_thumright: Sooner or later you'll pull up some super older goodies from this site!

My beach-hunting forays often end with nothing groovy dug, but the beauty of ocean & mountains makes me happy anyhow. Have Fun! :cat: Andi

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some days it's Heineken and steak, some days it's PBR and potted meat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread