No skunk...

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, I got out this morning with Chris, (Nuggeteer) and we hunted bedrock for a few hours. I found one crumb that came in at four tenths of a grain. When I left Chris had two pieces that were far bigger than my crumb. I had to get back to the house and left Chris to his hunting.

Just a few minutes after getting things done at the house I got text from a friend, Scott. He was in Redding for his mother's birthday and had a few hours for a short hunt. I decided to go back out for a bit. I took him to a place that I have been getting some nice gold that is throwing out of the shale which is intrusive on an almost level slope. There have been a few big rainstorms since my last trip to the area so it had washed a bit here and there. I had just walked away from Scott, not even two minutes and he hollered at me that he had a piece. I walked back over to see the nugget. It was nice marble looking piece. It turned out to be two penny weight even. The clouds started to gather again and within minutes we had raindrops hitting us. He was ready to head back home with his prize, so we did.

On a lighter note for you guys that are always raising heck about the BLM, look at what they are doing for us at each of the parking lots that we use while out detecting. They put up these really neat green sluice boxes for us, after depositing your material at the head of the box, then just push the silver button and look for the gold. I was really happy to see this change in BLM mining attitude and then someone told me they were drinking fountains. LOL Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Trinity, what a great ending to my day, the gold and the BLM Sluice Boxes! 63bkpkr

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Ray, I might have come to the same conclusion. Never seen a drinking fountain designed like the one in the photo... I guess it can be whatever you want it to be (provided the source is safe, uncontaminated water).

Thanks for sharing your outing with everyone, and those dandy photos. :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread