hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
texting isnt much different than what happens here. someone posts when it suits them, and someone else reads it, when it suits them

How I see texting as being different here is we are not driving ( I hope) We are not distracted, we are not in a situation where someone could get hurt because of our inattention.
I don't ride my motorcycle anymore because of a$$ wipes that think they can text and drive just fine. If I am ever in a wreck and suspect texting contributed I'll ask the court for the phone records.
Most everyone's attitude about texting changes when they are a victim of it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texting isnt much different than what happens here. someone posts when it suits them, and someone else reads it, when it suits them
The difference is that most of us don't know each other on here.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure that the old saying "Silence is golden" didn't just come about for no reason. I've lost a lot of my hearing from being a dumb@ss as a kid, then teenager. Now, any loud noise irritates me and at times is almost painful. You'd think that you could tolerate more noise but it's just the opposite. I've kept foam ear plugs in my pocket at all times for years now. Boy does wisdom come at a price and reminds me of another saying, "Youth is wasted on the young." Sigh...
Wondering when I'm going to start losing my hearing, have heard dozens of loud concerts since I was a teen...I'm approaching 60 and the last show I saw was Megadeth about a year ago, the loudest concert I've ever been to. Still for now, for me at least, the louder the better.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering when I'm going to start losing my hearing, have heard dozens of loud concerts since I was a teen...I'm approaching 60 and the last show I saw was Megadeth about a year ago, the loudest concert I've ever been to. Still for now, for me at least, the louder the better.

That's awesome for you. I think it's a genetic thing. Daddy lost his hearing to loud noises, and I started losing mine early on in life. Also, if there's any other noises around, I can't hear what somebody's saying for nothing. All I hear is the mess I don't want to hear. I know a lot of folks like you who don't seem to be affected at all by noise. I envy you. Rock on, brother!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions