NO TRESPASSING signs around public schools. Is this becoming the norm now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Just as or more importantly lets not encourage the new person to think they are trespassing when they are not.

haha, careful there Kemper: because in the quote you're addressing in that, the poster GIB *does* admit there's an obligatory sign. Therefore *technically* it WOULD be trespassing. So rather than go down THAT rabbit trail, let's just admit "ok", sure, etc... And turn the way of thinking to the way GIB did/does: If it's not an issue, and no one cares, well ....... what's to argue with ? :)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gun rack practice didn't go away in Oklahoma because of fear of crime, but because of crime. Less than 10 seconds bust out the the back glass and the gun is gone. Nothin politically correct about it, just preservation of your property. Good pic, and I had seat covers exactly like that in my 76 Chevy truck. And the gun rack too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be shocked. I take calculated risks. I push limits and walk on the fence too.

We all are responsible for our own actions. I just don't want some new guy thinking he's exempt from the trespassing laws when he's not.
As in hunting HUD properties because someone here said a citizen is "supposedly" part owner of Federally owned private property.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am supposedly part owner of Federal property but wouldn't suggest, nor have I said a person should hunt one solely because of that. If a thread were run and the topic stayed on the legal aspect of hunting one and what it would take to legally hunt one it would be interesting. I don't see that happening and will let someone else give it a shot if they want and can find a place to do so.

You repeatedly tried to encourage members to hunt HUD property which is private property..

I think there may be some good opportunity to detect property like this if people feel comfortable doing so. If they don't it is possible that they may if they have more information.

It being government property I would be part owner. While I am aware that does not give me the right to do certain things in regard to this property.I feel I can legally detect it. I don't feel that it would be illegal to do so. If it is not illegal ,it is legal.

The purpose of this thread is to spark discussion in the hopes it may encourage someone to detect properties such as these if they feel they can legally do so. If you would reach over and pick up that 20 dollar bill as I previously mentioned I would encourage you to detect the property unless there would be a valid reason not to.

Sluice Willis

Feb 6, 2015
In my house
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You repeatedly tried to encourage members to hunt HUD property which is private property..

Watch out! Beep, beep, beep.... emoji597.png ----> If you keep making him back up without looking somebody is bound to get run over! :laughing7:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You seem pretty passionate about doing the right thing...answer this one question...have you ever went over the posted speed limit while driving?

Yes, and never thought that it was unfair if I got caught and got a ticket. Nor did I think it was right. I did a lot of stupid things as a child. Now that I am an adult I try to put away childish things. Nor do I promote detecting places that are prohibited. I learn what is acceptable where I hunt and stay inside the rules. Do I ask for permission from the powers that be? Most times not, but I do research the ordinances for the public space I am in and stay within the rules that are on record. When I hunt game, I get the hunting regulations and hunt where it is permitted. If I see a buck on the farmers private property next to public land I do not shoot it, even though no one would probably know and the farmer didn't personally tell me not too.

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the glaring question really is...

Does Oscar the Grouch really own his can? It's on the city-owned sidewalk so is he part owner of that as well?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those quotes of mine that you furnished are encouraging people to seek information,discuss the issue and I also state there that being part owner would not give me certain rights. Thanks for furnishing them as it shows once again how consistent I have been on these issues. Regardless of how you label them they show the true story and I hope everyone reads them and compares what is in them to what you claim I try to do.

You stated " purpose of this thread is to spark discussion in the hopes it may ENCOURAGE someone to detect properties such as these if they feel they can legally do so. ...."

You repeatedly stated your part owner and that gives you the right to hunt Federal private property..

The purpose of this thread is to spark discussion in the hopes it may encourage someone to detect properties such as these if they feel they can legally do so. If you would reach over and pick up that 20 dollar bill as I previously mentioned I would encourage you to detect the property unless there would be a valid reason not to.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just feel this topic comes up time and again because there are those who already know if a place is prohibited or not. They seem to be asking us permission, so if we say yes then that makes it ok. We are all responsible for finding out what the laws and ordinances are for the places we want to hunt and abide by them. If you choose not to then that is your choice. But it is not my place to tell you to go for it when I know it is wrong to do so. But in the end it is up to you. The hardest person to say no to, is yourself.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

...I would encourage you to detect the property unless there would be a valid reason not to.
--Kemper

I never said part ownership gives me the right to detect these properties but that could come into play. I highlighted parts of your comment that are what I said and what shows my concern on discussion. Please do not make accusations such as--
"You repeatedly stated your part owner and that gives you the right to hunt Federal private property.." when you have nothing to back them up.

Once again.... " It being government property I would be part owner. (Blah, blah, blah)....I feel I can legally detect it. I don't feel that it would be illegal to do so.

It being government property I would be part owner. While I am aware that does not give me the right to do certain things in regard to this property.I feel I can legally detect it. I don't feel that it would be illegal to do so. If it is not illegal ,it is legal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These barrage of permission threads are causing conflicts and they are misleading to new members...

Thread is Locked...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread