No update from FinderKeeper on Dent's run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The major news networks that we are working with, want to get this info right before we go public. We have given them our story and they plan to do some research by talking to the FBI and other sorces we have to make sure its told right. There is so much info for us to say at the news conferance that we want the reporters to know the entire story before the news report is done.

Have you told these "major news networks" that you have also
1.....solved the Beale ciphers
2.....discovered a Templar Castle in NS
And also located an exact replica of Stonehenge that stood well into the 20th century also in NS.

All I can say is good luck at your press conference because if their research leads them here and it will.That could lead to a very entertaining Q&A session at the end.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, don't be surprised if when the story breaks (published or is aired) that you find they have changed or twisted some of the things that they quote you on. I found all too often that when I gave an interview about a particular weather event while working for the National Weather Service, that they would change what they quoted me own. It got so bad, that I refused to give them an interview.

This shouldn't be a problem if it is a news conference......there will be multiple reporters from various outlets covering the event.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can talk about what happen in and around Dents Run during the 3 days the FBI was on site and anything after we contacted the FBI in Jan and up until the last day March 14th. We can not talk about what they are investigating, the FBI told the Dep. of Justice the investigation is still on going. The reporters have all the info and evidence and they are talking to people in the area to check out our story. This is a lot BIGGER than anyone knows and we can only talk about 1/2 of it for now. Our story was to come out this week but the news agency wants to hold off until the weather clears up from the storm. The story will come out next week. So , no matter what happens now , this story will be told. I can not stop it even if I tried to. Lets see what the FBI says if they talk at all. When you know what we know , then a lot of what was said on this site will make sense.

We will only talk about the Dents Run site at the news conference, We do not have the time to talk about our other sites. The News Center in Washington DC cost $500 a hr to rent.

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The News Center in Washington DC cost $500 a hr to rent.

?.........Why on earth would you be paying for this?

For the life of me I can not figure this out.
But I sure hope I never do anything news worthy or I will go broke doing interviews.
I never knew it worked this way.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all this hype, unless you found a billion dollars in gold, I think we're all going to be hugely disappointed...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
". . . the biggest treasure ever found since the Civil War" puts it ahead of King Tut's tomb (priceless - 1922) or the San Jose wreck (worth an est $17 billion - 2015).

This oughter be something!

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK , let me correct that statement, Largest find in the USA on land since the civil war.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you're on record as saying that the largest find in the USA on land since the civil war was found at Dent's Run?

As Finders Keepers mentioned, there will be an unknown amount of information that they will be unable to discuss due to an ongoing investigation and under the advice of their legal council. They will be unable to confirm or deny.

This will no doubt cause mystery and speculation as to what could be hidden from the public or covered up by the government. If timed correctly (in between news cycles), associated press or similiar will run with the story as a follow up to the first Dents Run article. The follow up headline will likely read “Dents Run - Is the (insert government agency name here) covering up the largest treasure found in the US since the Civil War?”

It would be hugely ironic if an organization called “Finders Keepers” recovered the largest treasure in the US since the civil war and was unable to keep it! Surely that would lead to a lengthy legal battle.

Timely claims are generally very important in legal proceedings and I would suspect there would have been an injunction filed (by one or more parties) immediately upon recovery of any significant treasure). This would be filed regardless of the status of any investigations. For those interested, these injunction pleadings would be public records in the county/state they were filed.

As a side note, I recall reading an old Lost Treasure mag. article from the 1970’s that featured a gentleman that operated a metal detector store called “Finders Keepers”.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Story of the FBI dig at Dents Run for Civil War Gold will run this week . Its time the truth be told.:occasion14:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Story of the FBI dig at Dents Run for Civil War Gold will run this week . Its time the truth be told.:occasion14:

Which one of the major networks is covering this CNN,FOX,NBC,MSNBC,ABC or CBS and can you give the date and time.
I will record it if the news conference happens while I am at work.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Associated Press was on site at Dents Run Thursday talking to people who came forward with info. They will release the story this week , No date was given. But this story is worth the wait. Its been 6 months and its time we tell the public what happened . This is a great story that will be told for many years to come. You ask what major network is covering this, ALL OF THEM I HOPE :occasion14:

It depends on how this plays out for when we do the live news conference in DC.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For your sake, I hope you found the gold. Anything less than that is going to make you look REALLY bad after all this hype...

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Associated Press was on site at Dents Run Thursday talking to people who came forward with info. They will release the story this week , No date was given. But this story is worth the wait. Its been 6 months and its time we tell the public what happened . This is a great story that will be told for many years to come. You ask what major network is covering this, ALL OF THEM I HOPE :occasion14:

It depends on how this plays out for when we do the live news conference in DC.

Just so I am clear when you say "major news networks"......that is newspaper reporters?
To me "major news networks" are like the ones I listed in a post above.

I have a funny feeling this is not much more then a story in the lifestyle section of a newspaper with a couple quotes from some local residents and your group.But you have clearly said it is the largest treasure to be found on US soil since the 1860's so there should be some good pictures of the treasure along with some estimates of its worth.

Although I disagree with almost everything you post.I agree holding off on paying 500$ an hour to rent a room in which to hold a news conference was a good idea at this point.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay I Disagree with almost everything you say to . But I don't track you down and bash everything you say . Have a GREAT DAY :occasion14:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just here for the Jiffy-Pop. 🙌

Status