NORTH GEORGIA NEWBY

russdaddy

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings All,

My name is Russell & I am from North Georgia. I stumbled across your site the other day and have been hooked ever since. I am 30 yrs old and have had an on again, off again relationship w/ my metal detector for the last 12 years. It was actually my very first credit card purchase when I turned 18. Actually it was the justification I had for applying for a credit card.....Fast forward 12 years and finally pd all the CC debt off and most items I purchased w/ CC are long gone, but I have kept my Whites Classic ID. I recently leased some property in Murray/Gilmer County and according to my reseaerch it is hopefully very rich in Indian Artifacts & possibly 1800's early 1900's homesites. I dabbled around last weekend with my MD & my 3yr old son (his 1st outing). I think he is hooked, I planted a few coins and let him dig them. so far I have a bucket full of rusty metal that I cannot ID, handfull of nails found in a place I would not have expected, an odd stone ( posted in the what is it section), a button/rivet?? that gave a very strong signal and appeared to have a bit of leather or fabric still attached (it dried and crumbled quickly after digging. (i will try to post a pic and get some feedback on it), & a fistfull of 7mm Mag & 9mm casings I hope to spend some time on the creek this weekend. I am glad I found your site. Every time I catch the fever it gets a little worse!!! Also my wife works as a teller,she has quite the collection of old money and I think she will soon be on this site as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions