Northern Nevada Ghost Town Trip - NEW PHOTOS !!!!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Carson_wreckmaster (Joe) after over a year and he took me out to a really cool old ghost town. The weather was perfect, previous rain a few days before so the ground was perfect digging. Unfortunately didn't find much of value but I did find my FIRST Square nail, and then another and another. The MXT picked up every piece of tin and there was a ton of it. Joe found the find of the day...an old belt buckle with the words "Golden Gate" on it. Hope everyone enjoys the photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. Thanks Joe for a perfect day !!!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Attachments

• tahoe16.jpg
    tahoe16.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,553
  • tahoe28.jpg
    tahoe28.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,561
  • tahoe25.jpg
    tahoe25.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,557
  • tahoe26.jpg
    tahoe26.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,562
  • tahoe16.jpg
    tahoe16.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,553
  • tahoe7.jpg
    tahoe7.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,571
  • tahoe2.jpg
    tahoe2.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 1,528
  • tahoe20.jpg
    tahoe20.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,534
  • tahoe16.jpg
    tahoe16.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,526
  • tahoe29.jpg
    tahoe29.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,514
  • tahoe18.jpg
    tahoe18.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,537
  • tahoe27.jpg
    tahoe27.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,511
  • tahoe10.jpg
    tahoe10.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,531
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet given the State(not saying it isnt a gold producing State,as there is probably more gold mining going on there now than any other State,but they are mining microscopic gold that the old timers couldnt get)that it was a Silver mine.Many of them there were quick booms,big towns sprung up and the ore ran out and the towns were deserted.Use caution detecting some of those as B.L.M.,in some areas frown on detecting,and most of those mines are under a active mining claim,and the owners wont be too happy to have someone detecting it,that is a punishable offence as well. :wink:

OP
OP
rockyredbaron

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know...Joe said it's BLM land. There were lots of people out there that day cutting trees for firewood. Too many for my liking but they left us alone. Thanks for the post.

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

kuger said:
I would bet given the State(not saying it isnt a gold producing State,as there is probably more gold mining going on there now than any other State,but they are mining microscopic gold that the old timers couldnt get)that it was a Silver mine.Many of them there were quick booms,big towns sprung up and the ore ran out and the towns were deserted.Use caution detecting some of those as B.L.M.,in some areas frown on detecting,and most of those mines are under a active mining claim,and the owners wont be too happy to have someone detecting it,that is a punishable offence as well. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread