NOT A PREPPER, BUT..

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is an excellent point to consider and people planning to "Bug In" should do so, long before it happens. I believe it would be very rare to have be for-warned of a pending take over/attack.

For us, which includes our group of 8 and a neighbor family across the street, two housed over, to the left of us, a group of 9, have decided that no matter what comes at us, we are staying and fighting. Everything we have stashed and all our preparations are designed to "Bug In". If we all of a sudden decided to leave, we would lose everything! We would only, maybe, be able to take along 5% of what we have, including guns and ammo. Then, where would we go? We would be out there wondering around like so may others. Out there, we would certainly die in a short period of time. We have all agreed, that we will honker down and fight to the end! If we have any chance of staying alive, it will be where we honker down!!!

A lot of the choice also depends on the weaponry you have. Considering where I have been, I'll make a suggestion. For most urban/suburban bug-ins, I would HIGHLY recommend a Saiga 12 with a more than a few 20 or 30 round drums and a slide fire stock if you can find one.

With amount of lead going downrange, it won't matter what shot your firing. With number 4 or 00 buck and a short barrel, more than 1 per shot will be dropping.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll also add to Mad Machinist post.Walls will not stop bullets.Whether clapboard,plywood and drywall or cinder block or brick.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread