Not about the coins today -- a couple neat unusual finds

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather is glorious today in North Carolina, so I made sure I could get away from work for a couple hours to hit a local park that's been around for a long time. Only found 1 Wheatie and a little clad, but that's okay because I found a terrific old "The Charlotte" hotel key fob and a heavy brass nameplate (I guess) for someone with the fantastic name BILLY E BEAVER. Also a bent up piece of what I'm pretty sure is silverplate over copper or brass. EDIT: On second thought I think it's just chromed metal.

1a.JPG 1b.JPG 1c.JPG 1d.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool finds. I dug a spoon one time that had a hotel name engraved on it - the hotel had been torn down over 100 years ago. You're right, it's not always about the coins. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
rastinirv

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked all over the internet for another fob like the one I found, to no avail (which means this is a priceless rarity, right? Right??). But I did learn that when the hotel was demolished in 1988, David Copperfield was locked in a safe inside the building with only 2-1/2 minutes to escape. So the demise of this lovely old building was broadcast on CBS. There's a video of it on youtube, and it is very 1980s.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The hotel key tag is killer. I remember the place well.

Very well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions