Not about the coins today -- a couple neat unusual finds

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather is glorious today in North Carolina, so I made sure I could get away from work for a couple hours to hit a local park that's been around for a long time. Only found 1 Wheatie and a little clad, but that's okay because I found a terrific old "The Charlotte" hotel key fob and a heavy brass nameplate (I guess) for someone with the fantastic name BILLY E BEAVER. Also a bent up piece of what I'm pretty sure is silverplate over copper or brass. EDIT: On second thought I think it's just chromed metal.

1a.JPG1b.JPG1c.JPG1d.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Upvote 10
Pretty cool finds. I dug a spoon one time that had a hotel name engraved on it - the hotel had been torn down over 100 years ago. You're right, it's not always about the coins. Thanks for sharing.

I looked all over the internet for another fob like the one I found, to no avail (which means this is a priceless rarity, right? Right??). But I did learn that when the hotel was demolished in 1988, David Copperfield was locked in a safe inside the building with only 2-1/2 minutes to escape. So the demise of this lovely old building was broadcast on CBS. There's a video of it on youtube, and it is very 1980s.

The hotel key tag is killer. I remember the place well.

Very well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back