Not clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I don't have one but my friend does. Autozone and AAP sometimes have a code diagnostics scanner they lend out and I used one on my Tacoma to determine why the engine light had come on- turned out it was a faulty O2 sensor on the tailpipe. Not something you would find out by poking around under the hood, and unless you work on classics or restore them, these days are over.
deducer...not all but most cars you can pull the codes without a scanner

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Funny that you should accuse me of being obscure when, a few post back, you erroneously insinuated that I wasn't much of a mechanic. Instead of recanting, you've doubled down and remain obscure on what exactly gives you the background or seniority to do that.

You claimed to have restored classic cars, but were they yours? Did you restore them from the frame up? Rewire them?
deducer...you still refuse to even give us your name.i feel kinda funny sharing personal info with a man that wont tell me what he does...or even his name....if you want to know what i do feel free to drop by the house next time you are in town...

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy dredgernaut,

I don't have G.E. Pro, if you can, post a few images to see what's left.

Homar

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello homar. you can download google earth pro for free. it is a simple process. my photos would do no justice. let me know if you need any help.
jeremy

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Glad to hear the fire is at least fully contained, and I see that (hopefully) the monsoon has finally and belatedly arrived which should help a lot.

Ditto to those frigging nuisance on board vehicle computers, I don't own a code reader and when the truck breaks down out in the tall tules there are only limited things I can now repair. I got very lucky with the most recent couple of instances, a dead battery and once a really amazing pack rats nest of cactus burrs packed in the engine compartment, filling it entirely and had chewed through the wires on the top of the ignition coil. I wish I had taken a couple of photos of the mess they had left. They left a full quarter inch of wire, just barely enough to splice it back together and get us back out of the mountains, but amen I do wish they had not made things quite so frigging complicated. When I look under the hood of the truck or the Jeep there are too many things in there that I have NO idea what in hell they actually do or are for.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my solar and it's all we use after 5 years with headlamps and candles. Its nice to have lights and a way to charge things.
EV cars need to come a long way before they will be common in places like gunnison. Just way too dang cold and too much snow. You lose 40 percent of your charge and the traction control is a joke. Drive over any Colorado pass and see electric vehicles stuck everywhere. Maybe the next generation will be legit.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer...you still refuse to even give us your name.i feel kinda funny sharing personal info with a man that wont tell me what he does...or even his name....if you want to know what i do feel free to drop by the house next time you are in town...

Sharing pictures or a little about the cars that you've restored is sharing personal information? :icon_scratch:

Funny how I've managed to share information about the car and motorcycles I've restored without divulging personal information (except to a few), a choice I made a long time ago and have given reasons for, many times over in various threads.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Sharing pictures or a little about the cars that you've restored is sharing personal information? :icon_scratch:

Funny how I've managed to share information about the car and motorcycles I've restored without divulging personal information (except to a few), a choice I made a long time ago and have given reasons for, many times over in various threads.

deducer...the rest of us are on a first name basis around here...we got wayne..matt..jim .paul..mike..greg...jose...carrol...you already know what i did and my name...it wont hurt you to be social and produce your name and what you do...i might even post a couple pics:occasion14:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I've never seen this happen- got pictures to share? Or perhaps newspaper articles talking about this?

And you better tell the state legislators about this "big problem" before they pass key legislation to encourage EV's:

Colorado state lawmakers pushing legislation to make electric vehicle dream come true
deducer...do your part and yank that gas engine out of your motorcycle and put a electric swamp cooler motor in it....it might be a little slow but think of the environment you would be saving:laughing7:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
No I dont stop and take pics cuz I have a life Haha. I dont care about the states problems or how they will deal with this. I have subarus.

Well you know how it is around here.. pictures or it didn't happen.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer...the rest of us are on a first name basis around here...we got wayne..matt..jim .paul..mike..greg...jose...carrol...you already know what i did and my name...it wont hurt you to be social and produce your name and what you do...i might even post a couple pics:occasion14:

It's Arthur. How about those pics?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer...do your part and yank that gas engine out of your motorcycle and put a electric swamp cooler motor in it....it might be a little slow but think of the environment you would be saving:laughing7:

What for? I burn one gallon of gas a week, that's not going to have much of an impact. Now, my daily commute, and everyone else's for that matter- and how freight is hauled around this country, or any other developed countries, spewing millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere.. that's what we really need to do something about.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

Harley sells a Electric now he could sell his bikes for one of those. There Quite and fast. I got to take it for a spin.

Where he lives I’m sure he’ll have to pay 4500 for a no fossil fuel use Tax.

But he well deserves that.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
66 ss nova...old school pics before digital cams...i welded the hood louvers from a 67 chevelle ss on the hood ....
66 nova.JPG 66 nova2.JPG 66 nova3.JPG

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread