Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Wildrider, Mound isnt to far from me or Noodle. Im actually headed close to Mound tomorrow, though not to detect,lol.
How did your hunt go in that area??
John

bluesuit

Nov 28, 2007
Hi all, I live in the clinton area. I just enterested in md'ing and as timing would have it my father informed me he has a metal detector from his late father that has very little use. It is a Garrett GTI 2500.
I have only had time to play with it out in our yard for about twenty minutes and found a clad quarter. I have about ten acres between my neighbors land and mine to check and a couple of other places to check out as I am trying to learn the history of this area. I guess I will have to get a digital camera when I start
to get enteresting finds. Anyone in the area feel free to contact me as I am a total newbie and have alot to learn.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
bluesuit said:
Hi all, I live in the clinton area. I just enterested in md'ing and as timing would have it my father informed me he has a metal detector from his late father that has very little use. It is a Garrett GTI 2500.
I have only had time to play with it out in our yard for about twenty minutes and found a clad quarter. I have about ten acres between my neighbors land and mine to check and a couple of other places to check out as I am trying to learn the history of this area. I guess I will have to get a digital camera when I start
to get enteresting finds. Anyone in the area feel free to contact me as I am a total newbie and have alot to learn.

Hi and welcome. Clinton is not so far from me (Baton Rouge). I understand there is alot of Civil War history there! I would love to come up and hunt! Weekends are best for me. Hope to hear, Shane

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey bluesuit. I live in Pride,LA. just up the road a bit from you. I been detecting on and off since '94, mostly hunting Civil War battles and skirmish areas along bayou Lafourche. Need any help hunting your area let me know...Ron

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey people Marrero here, :P very new to the game.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Still a WOW! Does anybody have any idea of a site we could all get together at that is on private civil war land? Or even an old town site? I have 90 acres here, 60 in woods, 30 in fields. Not a lot of history; just farmland mostly.

It would be fun to get together one weekend when the weather pretties up and get to know one another and have some fun if we can find a place with some promise. I've tried and tried to locate some private civil war land, or anything else interesting, but no luck. But I'll keep checking around and looking. Am perfectly willing to host everybody here if I can find something local or even close.

Again, I am in Richland Parish; work in Monroe. What do ya think? Please send me a PM with your "real" name and contact # so I can get in touch if you're interested. I'll reply with my personal info. RiverRat, whatta ya think??

Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
To EVERYONE IN LOUISIANA: The Louisiana Bayou Hunt is now officially open and is open to everyone on TNET.

Go to http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,137296.0.html for all the info.

April 18-20th, 2008. Richland Parish.

Folks will be here from Texas, Louisiana, Kansas, Missouri, Georgia, Alabama, and others that haven't checked in. Great people! I've hunted with them for two years. Come get to know some good folks!

The hunt is on my land and you're guaranteed to have a great time. Spread the word to anyone you know in Louisiana in MDing.

There will be a fee, but I still have to come up with it, depending on the food costs I have to put together. Won't be much, though.

Let me know if you think you might want to come.

Noodle

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
High everyone, I'm in Tensas Parish. I can look out my front door and see two Antebellum homes. I got Natchez Indian sites around my house where I find alot of relics, Civil War sites around close and I have pretty good neighbors who don't mind me walking around and finding stuff, sometimes I'm even allowed to take a Friend or two as long as there is no damage to crops. I have found a few interesting things. There are a few hunters in my area that I see from time to time.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tensas,

Sounds like you're right in the middle of it. How lucky is that? Sometimes you're the pigeon and sometimes you're the statue! Seems like you are a pigeon right now. I knew a girl ( can't think of her name ) from college that was from Waterproof. I'm sure by what she said that everybody knew each other there but its been too many years to recall a name. Anyway, hope to meet you at the " Hunt"!

Steve

If you are ever in the northwest corner of the state, let me know!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Steve,

I just noticed that you are a Charter member. Congrats! Get down to the Charter member thread and introduce yourself...we have pot luck suppers and you get a bag of roasted peanuts. I tried to get them on the boiled peanuts but they said "yuck". ;D ;D

;) RR

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RR !!

I went there and posted an intro!!! I follow instructions well at times.......my wife would strongly disagree though! ::)

Steve ;D

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Hi all,

I live just outside Rayville (NE La) and Retired US Navy (Retired for how long I don't Know) I am allways looking for detecting partners and places. Lots of time and little money on my hands. PM Me.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum La Beep!
North Louisiana Rocks! Just kidding....are you coming to the La Bayou Hunt? Its right there in your town!

I think if we can keep interacting on here, we can build up a group that can easily do some searching in our neck of the woods. Whatcha think to that! :D

Steve

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Hey Hey Hey Hey!!! I'm resentful here! >:(

What potluck dinners? >:( >:(

Rat, what am I missing out on??? >:( :o

Noodle!

Top Member Reactions