SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CajunCoin

Feb 16, 2008
Newbie here, Martin, I live 50 miles below Thibodaux and work just off Grand Isle and look at Fort Livingston everyday I am at work, Just wondering about Jean Lafitte's pocket change.

Lots history in the Houma Thibodaux area, have experience reading the old Notarial Records and Maps (being a Notary also helps). Found a few pieces here and there, have worked in CO and WY some, but S. Lafourche is home.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cajuncoin,

Great to have you here with us. I too, looked at Fort Livingston many times, always from a boat. I believe there's signs prohibiting you to certain feet from the shoreline or something. Never taken my MD on a fishing trip, cause I love fishing too much.

I did a little writeup about the area posted here under the Louisiana thread.

Looking forward to seeing some of your finds.

Would love to see you join us at the Louisiana Bayou Hunt. Check it out under the TNet Member Hunts.

;) RR

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Cajuncoin !!!!!

You're are definitely in the right spot. You keep a good eye on the Louisiana site. There is something in the air.........

Check back often and get in there and post some info! Welcome once again for the N.W. corner of the state!

Steve ;D ;D ;D

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Hey Cajuncoin. Know a lot of people in your area. Thibadeaux, Shak Bay, Houma, Morgan City. Talk about real coonasses.

River Rat,

Why dont we get together and have a real potluck sometime.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You tell um RickyP !!! We are everwhere !!! We gonna find each other one way or the udder :D , and then.......LOOK OUT!

Steve

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, I personally think that's a GREAT idea, RickyP! We'll all get together for the Bayou Hunt in April, and while we're here, put our collective brain cells together for getting together in different parts of the state over the next several months!! New sites!!! We all search and come up with new places!!!

Oh, HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE! SOMETHING TO DO! AND SOMEONE TO DO IT WITH!!!

I'll be quiet now...

noodle

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Noodle,

I've been needing something like that for a long time. I've fallen into the ole work trap, and time to get out and enjoy

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Yes I am coming to the La Bayou Hunt (I an lucky because I can all ways go home if it gets too crazy and come back later ;) )

Steve - Yes North Louisiana Rocks Had a cousin find a $20 gold piece (Gold all ways good) And some good history also. I am working on several sites around here post civil war (Not Much). I have one site if I can find it again that had a store on it that was burnt down during the CW and still has the safe laying there.

As far as getting a group together, it sounds great, more people more fun, more spots.

RR - I was a member for a long time on this board however my memory being what it is I forgot my user name here. (Shamefull confession)As far as saying I was from Louisiana I probity did not mention it, I was in the Navy stationed at some of best detecting places around the world and know if I mentioned where I was I would have too many of you wanting to come visit me. LOL.

I went to Jr and High school down there in your neck of the woods (swamp) in LaPlace.
Love those French girls.

Ward (La Beep)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ward,

My most fond memories of Laplace is Airline Motors Lodge & of course the snake farm. Back then, was Hwy 51 to Airline (61) on into NOLA. Bet you've been to Middendorf's...still ticking just as strong as it was way back then.

;) RR

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
I remember having to walk Hwy 51 when I waited too long to get out of LaPlace right before a hurricane. Had 6 inches to a foot of water over it in places. So me and my best friend took turns walking in front of the car or riding on the hood looking for the center of the road. This was before they built I55. Speaking of LaPlace, There is a very old German Cemetery NE of where I10 meets I55 out there in the swamp Get an old timer to tell you where it at, it would make a good hunt...

Ward

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0374.jpg
This is very sad. Today we were driving down Highway 61 and stopped by this icon to take some pictures...what we found was this nearly 70 year old establishment closed up tight and for sale ....again! I sure hope someone sees what I see and brings her back to the splender she once had. If you scroll down you'll see a picture of her from probably at least 20 years ago. Thankfully I've been able to eat here before. Also, the original vertical sign is gone. This is very disappointing

Airline+Motors.jpg
This is a classic American Diner Located in Laplace, LA along Airline Highway. This place is so nostalgic and still in operation! It was opened in 1939 as a car dealership and then in 1941 the restaurant was born! Next time you're in the area stop by and have a bite to eat...you won't regret it! Also, it had an Esso attached for a long time.

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
RR - Now that I got your nostalgic blood up. How about this one? I name of the High School I went to is Leon Godchaux in Reserve on river road. It burnt down now there's a jr high there now. It was built on an old plantation site.

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Dang it Noodle - Don't you like visitors - Had to drop down to 4WD just to look at your drive way. Speaking of driveways how do you get yours to look like a lake after a rain? When you get to the pasture which way do you go? BTW Just picking - barely.

Ward

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ward,
That's my security system! ;D :D Keeps out a lot of the riff-raff! :D

Why didn't you come on up? We're just watching the Daytona 500, washing, cleaning out greenhouse for the hunt, and other such nonsense.

Yes, we got FOUR INCHES of rain last night. It tends to mess up the road for a day or two. That's why we drive Toyotas. Never a problem! :-* :-*

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Noodle said:
Ward,
That's my security system! ;D :D Keeps out a lot of the riff-raff! :D

Why didn't you come on up? We're just watching the Daytona 500, washing, cleaning out greenhouse for the hunt, and other such nonsense.

Yes, we got FOUR INCHES of rain last night. It tends to mess up the road for a day or two. That's why we drive Toyotas. Never a problem! :-* :-*

Oh that what it is. I guess I could have got in all right, but the wife would have PO'ed about the mud. You know how wifes can be, she let me get a 4WD and won't let me get it muddy. Go figure...

I was just passing though today however I will stop by one of these days. I drop off my wife on Long St. in Archibald most Sunday afternoons, She is Filipina, and has Filipina friends there. I was main just seeing where you live, I thought it was about were it was. I live on the Mingle Rd. and pass by your house to drop my wife off. It only about 10 or so miles of country roads between your house and mine.

Four inches I guess I go check our rain gauge.

Filipina is a person from the Philippines

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
RR - How far from Tickfaw are you and did you every tube it?

Ward

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread