Not Many Louisiana Hunters here.

COPPER DIME

Jan 12, 2009
Swamp Land's of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE. Backup/ Whites Classic 5ID
Hello 2 all. COPPER DIME here. well im new 2 this great hobby. but there was a time when all the people on this form was new 2 ;D. I live n Lafayette La. always looking 4 new friends. i dont mind driving a few miles 4 a hunt. i have been studying some old pics at the court house. pics of schools & country stores. just working on finding the land owners,so i can get the ok 2 hunt :nono: Im posting a few pics. i know that if nothing has been built where these old places were it should b some good hunting. i know there is a good chance that all this area is under cement. but its worth a shot. please note that these pics r curticy of ( LOUIS J. PERRET) LAFAYETTE PARISH CLERK of COURT :thumbsup: well good luck 2 all.
COPPER DIME

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 399
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 402
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 407

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey There Copperdime,
Co Mo Sa Va? You say you would travel? Heck from the looks of the research you are doing I would travel to hunt with YOU! Those are some interesting pictures. Do you know where the locations are? Welcome to Tnet. Stay in touch, I'm in Baton Rouge. Shane Marcotte

tmsnet

Jan 18, 2009
Hello everyone, new to MD and new to this site (just found it and signed on today!) I live in Abita Springs and have a minelab exterra 70 that I haven't used yet, A Christmas present for my wife. Looking forward to hunting soon and maybe hooking up with some of ya'll down the line.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tmsnet said:
Hello everyone, new to MD and new to this site (just found it and signed on today!) I live in Abita Springs and have a minelab exterra 70 that I haven't used yet, A Christmas present for my wife. Looking forward to hunting soon and maybe hooking up with some of ya'll down the line.

Welcome tmsnet you will find a lot of friends here on T-net I am in Independence La . I think you will like your X-70 I like mine ..... But I like all of my machines.....

Ace

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome TMSNET. A 70 huh. WoW, what a gift. You are gonna love it here on Tnet and that detector. Youll be hooked now!!! I'm in Baton Rouge. Have a good one!! Cheers, Shane

tmsnet

Jan 18, 2009
hello everyone, still trying to decide where we'll hunt this weekend. Taking Thursday and Friday off to make it a long weekend. As of now, it looks like somewhere in the Natchez or Vicksburg area. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. By the way the X-70 was a gift FOR my wife but I think she'll let me use it sometimes. Anyway, I already have too much stuff.....TMSNET....Too Much Stuff, Not Enough Time!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Copper Dime & Tmsnet, great to have y'all with us :thumbsup: It's always great to see more and more Louisianians on board. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

:wink: RR

welcome53 (3).jpg

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
It would be nice if we could all get together and schedule a hunt at the Devil's Punchbowl in Natchez. Lets get the ball rolling, it could be a rewarding hunt as gold bars have been found there in the past. Needs to be a group hunt for safety reasons.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A most Excellent Idea!!!! Let me go and fill my truck with diesel and I'll wait to hear from you.

Steve ;D

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Maybe we can all agree on a Natchez hunt in February. Steve, you will have to stop by and pick up Noodle on your way down. I will talk to Tensas, Gator, The Beepster and our buddy Jeff who owns the local Tesoro dealership and an antic store called Peddlers. :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can get Noodle and Dan, Fonfixer and RickyP. Okay, I'll be there with five...its a plan if you want to put something together!!! Just let me know!

Steve :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If I am invited as well I would love to attend. Let me know guys. Steve I'm glad to see you are well and planning hunts! Cheers, Shane

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Shane,

I'm doing lots better now, even got a new detector to help inspire me. I'm not doing the planning on this. This is GrayClouds idea but I think the point is getting Louisiana people together to have fun and meet people and even detect some. The Devils Punchbowl has quite a history behind it. Maybe one of our professional researchers on here knows where some info is located to share with everybody.

Later,
Steve ;D

tmsnet

Jan 18, 2009
I've been hearing about the Devils Punchbowl, does anyone know exactly where it is? We'll be in Natchez tomorrow and will be hunting near Vicksberg over the weekend. I've deer hunted a lot in the Natchez and Port Gibson areas and know how tough it can be to get around. A good time to go is between now and when the Kudzu comes up again in the spring. Always have some rope and backup around!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most excellent idea, Gray Cloud. :thumbsup: I'm all for it.

:wink: RR

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Hey Guys, sorry I have been offline most of today due to work. I guess I will just have to quit my job if it keeps interfering with my metal detecting. Heck you can get a job anytime.

Talked to Jeff and Tensas today concerning a weekend group hunt at the Punchbowl. Jeff stated that David New owned most all the land in that area. David use to own New and Hugh's Oil Field Service and may still do, but I do not find them listed.

I will knock some of the mud off my boots and put on a clean shirt Monday to pay him a visit. Tensas knows most all the wheels in this area, so I will drag him along. Between the two of us, maybe we can get the OK. If need be, we can all sign a wavier in case somebody was to twist an ankle.

Now, for some of you that do not know the Devil Punchbowl. It use to be a scary site looking down into it. I myself, have not seen it in probably thirty years. Could be mistaken, but I think there may be access to the bottom from the river side. If not, we can climb down. We will need some simple repelling ropes. Will need one big enough to haul me out after a day of detecting and exploring.

There are many stories of Caches buried in the bowl. Some have been found and Charles Garret has one gold bar that was recovered there. Will post back as to the access permission. :thumbsup:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Graycloud,

This sounds like an exciting plan for sure.....let us know what we can do to help! All I can say is "Thanks for working on this!"

Steve ;D

stormrider54

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2009
Hello all! I'm from Gonzales and my wife and are both retired, bought a couple of detectors and looking to get started. Willing to travel south, I do travel to Thibodaux and Houma quite often.

We are looking for club or someone to "show us the ropes." Willing to travel.

Any one from Gonzales, Baton Rouge, Thibodaux or Houma and any place in between post a reply!!!

Thanks, looking forward to meeting others.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome jmgisme! This is an awesome site with some awesome folks!!! I am in Baton Rouge. There are people on here from all around you here on the site. Im sure they will be introducing themselves. Cheers, Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread