Not Many Louisiana Hunters here.

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
Hay Noodle thought about you this past weekend. La Beep and a couple of friends and I went out Sat. and Sun. for a little while. One of the Friends had never been MTing before I let him use the wife's detector. Guess what he stepped out of the ride started swinging got a signal dug and out popped a 1900 Indian head penny, he is shopping for his own detector now. We changed locations, the other friend found 2 54cal. calvery bullets and I picked up a 1847 half dime this was Sat. Sunday morning early we went back to the same location and found a large cent and a flint in perfect condition for a flint lock rifle. Not a bad weekend. Wish you had been there.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Tensas, you gotta call me if you think of me!!! PLEASE!! I'll go!

Well, not the next weekend. Got a wedding...

BUT CALL ME!!!

Noodle

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
Noodle I found the 1847 Half Dime. Allen a friend from Dallas found the large cent. The date on the large cent hasn't been determined yet.

detectorman71

Dec 11, 2008
deridder, louisiana
Detector(s) used
whites xlt E series, garrats gta350, bullseye 2
hi troy i live in deridder also
ZenAgain said:
Howdy fellow Louisianians...... Name's Troy, I live in Deridder LA, (Bout 15 miles south of Fort Polk). Looking for people to hunt with. I've been doing some serious research on several spots in Natchitoches and Sabine Parish's and have several ghost towns here ready to be pounded and dug. Holla.

P.S. The guy above me is my brother who lives in Baton Rouge.

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
La Beep said:
I remember having to walk Hwy 51 when I waited too long to get out of LaPlace right before a hurricane. Had 6 inches to a foot of water over it in places. So me and my best friend took turns walking in front of the car or riding on the hood looking for the center of the road. This was before they built I55. Speaking of LaPlace, There is a very old German Cemetery NE of where I10 meets I55 out there in the swamp Get an old timer to tell you where it at, it would make a good hunt...

Ward

Hold the phone. Northeast of I10 & 55 is the lake. I've scoured the area and there's no cemetery. Did you mean I-12 & 55?

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
MrsFury said:
La Beep said:
I remember having to walk Hwy 51 when I waited too long to get out of LaPlace right before a hurricane. Had 6 inches to a foot of water over it in places. So me and my best friend took turns walking in front of the car or riding on the hood looking for the center of the road. This was before they built I55. Speaking of LaPlace, There is a very old German Cemetery NE of where I10 meets I55 out there in the swamp Get an old timer to tell you where it at, it would make a good hunt...

Ward

Hold the phone. Northeast of I10 & 55 is the lake. I've scoured the area and there's no cemetery. Did you mean I-12 & 55?

It could be in the area where the railroad ducks under I-10 and turns toward Frenier Beach. There were a bunch of old logging towns back there when the lumber mills were cutting down all the cypress trees.

Oct 7, 2008
Hi all im in greensburg. Ive been hunting a lot of old churches and a few old homesites. I really enjoy this hobby. Ive been hooked for about 3 years now.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the group lineman!

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm here in Pride (now part of the newly formed City of Central). Just don't post much, lurk a lot.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
louisiana lineman said:
Hi all im in greensburg. Ive been hunting a lot of old churches and a few old homesites. I really enjoy this hobby. Ive been hooked for about 3 years now.

I have hunted near greensburg and am hoping to go back when I have time

WELCOME.... to TN :thumbsup:

Corpsegrinder

Oct 21, 2008
Magnolia AR
Detector(s) used
(2)Minelab E-Tracs, 12x10 SEF's, Sunray X-1 Probes, & an arsonal of coils. Excal 2, Tesoro Golden Sabre+
I am about 15 miles from haynesville.. My dad and I have found most of our great finds in Louisiana. I know we would love to meet up with some folks and go on a group hunt. we sure miss finding the good stuff. (had a 6 year break)

although times sure have changed. A-hole'ish county cops to very misunderstanding people.

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
CopCop said:
MrsFury said:
La Beep said:

Ward

It could be in the area where the railroad ducks under I-10 and turns toward Frenier Beach. There were a bunch of old logging towns back there when the lumber mills were cutting down all the cypress trees.

OMG I found the cemetery.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
see any Ghost ......... ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, WELCOME you newcomers! Glad to welcome you all to TNET! We had a hunt in NE Louisiana (Richland Parish) back in April '08 and had a grand time!

I've been on here about four years now, been on TNET hunts to Missouri and Kansas. Well, they're not really sponsored by TNET, but we all met here and organized hunts on our own. I have to give the devil his due. I sponsored the hunt in Richland Parish, and we had a ball on our 90 acres, plus selected outlying sites. Believe it or not, LA and MS have some wonderful sites to explore, but we must be careful of government/private land holdings. Once in a while we lurk upon a private landowner who is willing to give us exploring rights, and we've found the landowners have as much fun as we do.

If you know of a site you think might be worth exploring, and have permission to explore, feel free to post on the Louisiana Site. Or e-mail individuals to set up a private hunt. Each is ok. I'm always interested! :wink: And we have many other Louisiana diggers who might be interested, too! I've met most of them and they are all super. Some are even great cooks!

Noodle

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Noodle.....more La. people are here than you know. And some of the people are real active. The TNET hunt at Noodles was great and the one in Kansas a couple of months ago was a lot of fun too. They are a great place to meet other people that share your interest and may even live within driving distance so you could hunt together sometime.They are a lot of really good people on here that will help you if you are newer to metal detecting. Sometimes you can spend an hour with someone with much more experience than you and learn things you would never have figured out yourself. So anyway...welcome to the Louisiana Forum!!!

Juanmoretime ( Steve ) ;D

"Not many Louisiana Hunters here" just the creme of the crop!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread