Not what I would have expected.

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
I was at a very old park yesterday for a little while, I have hunted there a few times in the last month and pulled a few silver rosies and a 57 quarter, a silver war nickle and a 1902 liberty nickle. Yesterday, I got a solid quater signal at about 10" and figured this would be a decent coin, got all the way down there and found a typical new style state quarter from Delaware. That surprised me a bit, then a little later in a different area of the park I got a shallow hit for a quarter on the ground and found one on the surface and beside it on the surface was a very nice 57 rosie. The ground hasn't ever been plowed or turned under, don't know how exactly it worked out that way. I thought it was interesting though.

-Mike

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is......no matter though! You still got the goodies!

;)

R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ?Sounds like they have put fill in some spots. ?Perhaps to bring some low spots up.
?I hunt a park like that from time to time. Except mine, they put fill over the entire park.
Except for a 50 yd by 20 yd low spot in the very middle, where i still pull some goodies out.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread