Not where I wanted to be, so I requested something special.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday forecast is for rain, again! So today is hunt day, and not in the place I wanted to hunt. Had to make do with a new school close by. Not finding much, 2 zincs. so I request "please can I find something special"? Then the detector starts to constantly chatter...now what? :icon_scratch: Maybe an underground power line?
Had to move on to a different place. Not there....not there either, ok I'll try here, the embankment around a soccer field.
Detector is working fine. I find the usual clad, odd trash and some odd coins.
What looked like an odd lumpy coin at first turned out to be my "special" request...an angel!
These are my finds image.jpg
Here is the angel and odd coins, plus a 1918 wheat which has been in the ground for a while.
image.jpg :icon_thumright:

Upvote 26

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a heck of a mix!
The top piece with all the ridges might be what has be described on T-Net as a wire tension-er for electric wires.
Neato on the angel.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks as if you got your request. I take a little different tack though. I just ask Him to take me wherever He wants me to go.
I figure that He KNOWS where everything is, I try to figure out something and usually get nothing. I also think about it a little differently.
"Special" to me, is being able to do this. So, I already have what I came for, everything else is just gravy. :)

Keep a plugging. That rain is going to give an advantage after it soaks in a bit.

Love your lil angel!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking place!!!!! Something good waiting there!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you salvaged a good hunt. Wishin I got out today...

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice little hunt.

I found an angel medallion similar to yours last year .

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice variety with a nice old wheatie to top it off
good hunt!

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
That top piece is a clamp, called a 'P Clamp', used as a first attachment to hold telephone drop wires on poles or a house. I was an installer for Ma Bell and I used thousands of them.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSBB, I would enjoy a variety like that any day! That "Pocket Angel" would be a good one to keep with you on future digs, just to remind you that He is there with you and enjoying the day with you just as well. It looks like you found a shredded E-cigarette (or is that what is left of a halogen bulb?), an accordion reed, and a mysterious "Illuminati" coin disguised as as a harmless "Runway Cafe" token. Sub 8-)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that IRON I see on the right side of top pic? You should know by now anything that looks like a horseshoe is MINE.... how did it get all they way up there from here?????

Looks like you just about covered everything on that diggin' day.... Good job.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe that angel will bring you something special next hunt. Karen.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good mix there. I like the angel coin. At least you got out and found stuff!

I tend to barter with Mother Earth; "Please, if I clean up the trash I am walking by, that some litterbug defaced you with, will you release the grip you have on the silver?" Call me crazy, but I think she rewards me.

I'm not sure if it rained for us all night. The ground is REAAAAALLLLLY dry so I wouldn't mind another day of rain. I have to work today anyways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Releventchair - Thanks! I thought I remembered seeing one on T Net. I wanted to hunt more but the knees weren't liking the slanting terrain.

WHADIFIND- I am happy with the finds. I guess it's all in the wording, I need to move over and let God drive, then keep my mouth shut when I don't immediately see what I should. I'm working on it! Lol!

basque-man- Thank you! The knees were protesting, but I will be back....with more Advil!

LocoDigger-Thanks! Ya can't give up with out trying. The interference with the detector was weird I've never had it happen like that.

Garrett- thanks! I love finding angels, I'm not sure if this was a pendant or just a piece to keep in your pocket, it's thicker than a coin, and seems to be a little older.

Joe- thank you! I had to get the hunt in Sat, my detector can't swim. We have pouring rain today, but that's going to make for some great hunting after!

Thanks CJON ! The wheat was 6" and has been there a while, so I'm hoping the rain floats the silver closer!

Thanks I-Dig-It! One of these days I will find that which eludes me...at which point I may not remember why! Lol!

James/Texas- thank you! The knowledge pool here is just awesome!

Sub- Thanks! I will take it on my next hunt. The e-cig says "Hooka". Lol! I just hope the " illuminati" doesn't want their coin back...you know how we get bout our finds!

Limitool- Thanks! The "iron HS...." May have come up here with all the weather from down there, :dontknow: I'm still looking for the horse it was attached to. :icon_scratch: Sorry about that! I can paint it gold and send it back when the wind blows in that direction, may take a while, or you can pick it up when your in the area. :occasion14:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CG- one of these days I will find it, a little help would be nice!
Hope you are getting out and hunting, the bugs must be getting really bad down there now, be careful.

ALuminum-M.- Thanks! we need the rain too, you wouldn't think so after all that snow! They still have a pile in Boston and are taking guess as to the date it finally melts! Lol!

I'm happy with any wether that isn't s-n-o-w! Well the tornado warning was a little unsettling, it did go thru Wrentham but faded out before it got here.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CG- one of these days I will find it, a little help would be nice!
Hope you are getting out and hunting, the bugs must be getting really bad down there now, be careful.

ALuminum-M.- Thanks! we need the rain too, you wouldn't think so after all that snow! They still have a pile in Boston and are taking guess as to the date it finally melts! Lol!

I'm happy with any wether that isn't s-n-o-w! Well the tornado warning was a little unsettling, it did go thru Wrentham but faded out before it got here.

We had the tornado warnings flash on the television. Naturally, it didn't rain at all that day. I'm super close to the ocean so my weather tends to be different than weather 2 miles in any direction. I've had it pour for hours at work which is ten miles from my house yet no rain at all at home. It's rather frustrating constantly having to water my gardens.

Anywho, happy hunting and continued success to you! Here's hoping the rain brings up the goods!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That top piece is a clamp, called a 'P Clamp', used as a first attachment to hold telephone drop wires on poles or a house. I was an installer for Ma Bell and I used thousands of them.

"Ma Bell".
Now that's a name you don't often hear anymore.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found one of those pocket angels last year they are cool and they were made as pocket angels.So you could keep your faith in hands reach.I think they are a nickel metal composite not sure though.Mine had makers mark on back does yours?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread