S

seger98

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 383
M

MiniMe

Now that's just not write... :(...you didn't even offer to share ;D Man that looks good....definitely some good eats. My son when he was younger would go catch them from the creeks and bring them home for me to cook for lunch....tastes just like chicken :D....not really, they are very tasty little guys....Enjoy! :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to eat them many times but eating bait just won't sit right on my stomache! Now put a hook and a big catfish on the end of one of those and you do have some nice eating! Monty

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Monty said:
I've tried to eat them many times but eating bait just won't sit right on my stomache! Now put a hook and a big catfish on the end of one of those and you do have some nice eating! Monty

Yep. Although can handle Frogmore Stew. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

seger98

MiniMe said:
Now that's just not write... :(...you didn't even offer to share ;D Man that looks good....definitely some good eats. My son when he was younger would go catch them from the creeks and bring them home for me to cook for lunch....tastes just like chicken :D....not really, they are very tasty little guys....Enjoy! :)

Yeah, I'm gonna try that this summer, catch my own & see how they turn out!

Monty said:

Monty, it's a delicacy..... It seems like a waste to put them on a hook when a crawler would work!

mcgearhead said:
Mmmmm, Yummy ! Crawdads ! You did make 'em nice and spicy didn't ya ?!

'Bout the only fishbait that I would ever acually want to eat !

OP
OP
S

seger98

mcgearhead said:
Mmmmm, Yummy ! Crawdads ! You did make 'em nice and spicy didn't ya ?!

'Bout the only fishbait that I would ever acually want to eat !

I don't like real spicey stuff, kind of a wuss when it comes to that!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Like Mudbugs, yummy.. We have some in our 'well' run-off.

Molly.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife's favorite seeing how she is from south Alabama. Myself, I prefer these. With a good National Boh, Arrow or Hamms beer. OOPS! I may have given away my age..... Where's Me Grog? :coffee2:

Attachments

• Sherene 082.jpg
    Sherene 082.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Marathon & Travels 043.jpg
    Marathon & Travels 043.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Sherene 082.jpg
    Sherene 082.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 328
OP
OP
S

seger98

spawn00x, I see we have the same taste!

Molly, so you can catch your own in your own backyard? Cool....

White Feather, are those blue crabs?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMMmmm nuttin' better than this other than the garlic boiled with crawfish. Break the pod and smear on crackers...luv it! :D

:wink: RR

OP
OP
S

seger98

River Rat said:
MMMmmm nuttin' better than this other than the garlic boiled with crawfish. Break the pod and smear on crackers...luv it! :D

:wink: RR

That sounds good! I'll have to try that while we are still down here. Pretty sure the crawfish I got today came from over your way!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do look good, my son, 'the chef', cooks them sometimes. :thumbsup:

fossis................

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didja' ever make mudpies as a kid and actually take a bite? I did, and that's what crawdads taste like to me, mud! They ain'd crayfish down here or mudbugs, they are crawdads! You buy 'em by the dozen for fish bait, or seine them from the neighbor's pond. You dang sure don't eat them. Now crab is another matter. I will eat my weight in crab. But I don't like lobster either, just a giant crawdad! Scallops are good, oysters are good, most ocean fish are good but some just aren't. I won't eat a dog either although some cultures think they are a delicacy. Ditto a cat. Squirrels are fair but rabbits are better. Good thing everyone doesn't only likes the same things or we'd run out in no time. Dang, time for breakfast. Think I'll go eat a hog and some chicken roe. Monty

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs. I used to be a crabber on the Bay. Naturally we kept the big ones for ourselves and sold off the littler ones like in the picture. Softcrabs were the treasure find of the Chesapeake Bay back then. Back in the days when I was working the Bay we had lots of Rockfish, Crabs, Oysters, Clams (Cherrystones) and large softshell clams.
The lobster is in the Keys and, the last I heard, it was for sale. The figure of $40,000 was mentioned but I'm not sure. It was a tourist trap up island and we would stop in once in a while when heading up to the mainland. If you get to close it will grab you up and slam your head against the coral. My little car was attacked and nearly violated. We had to hit it with a steam shovel to get it's attention and get it to get back inside the enclosure. Bummer!
There are supposed to be Blue Crabs down here but all I've seen so far is a few really small ones. Up on the Bay I could get bushels for $10 to $15. Down here they want to sell them by the pound and a bushel ends up costing $160 or more. I was getting $4.50 a bushel until I got my own refer truck and started selling to the restaurants up in (a town) myself. Then I was getting (more) a bushel. Won't say when, where or how much because other things come into play. Try that now and you could get shot or put in jail for transporting across state lines or a hundred other goofy laws. The crabber is still on the short end of the stick. The buyer at the dock is the one getting the lions share of the catch. The crabber and oysterman are getting drug over the bottom. We did the work, took the chances and run our boats into the Bay and the buyer made the money.
Okay, so now I am in trouble, Right? I'll go back and remove any incriminating stuff. If something doesn't make sense I just removed something. It's kind of like making a really good find MDing. What you don't tell can't get you in trouble.

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
We get the big ones out west. Very tasty! I use "old bay seasoning" like I do on crabs.

Attachments

• 8 27 08 crayfish 020.jpg
    8 27 08 crayfish 020.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 8 27 08 crayfish 020.jpg
    8 27 08 crayfish 020.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 273

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
add a little creole seasoning and dive right in, I can still taste the ones from the LBH

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate you guys ;D You're making me homesick (and hungry) - where I grew up in Western Australia we had a freshwater crayfish called a Marron. They grew up to 1 kilogram in size or a bit over 2 pounds (though its rare to find one that big anymore).

Attachments

• marron.jpg
    marron.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 204

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread