Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would always catch a bunch of crawdads and go fishing. Sometimes we would cook and eat some while we were fishing. I bought some of the higher class 'crayfish' like these not too long ago and cooked them up, but Maria wouldn't touch 'em as she said they looked too much like cucarachas. Which is ok, cause it's too hard to explain that whole suckin the heads thing in Spanish anyway.

OP
OP
S

seger98

RGINN said:
We would always catch a bunch of crawdads and go fishing. Sometimes we would cook and eat some while we were fishing. I bought some of the higher class 'crayfish' like these not too long ago and cooked them up, but Maria wouldn't touch 'em as she said they looked too much like cucarachas. Which is ok, cause it's too hard to explain that whole suckin the heads thing in Spanish anyway.

"suckin the heads" I don't even wanna hear that in english LOL.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harry_Morant said:
I hate you guys ;D You're making me homesick (and hungry) - where I grew up in Western Australia we had a freshwater crayfish called a Marron. They grew up to 1 kilogram in size or a bit over 2 pounds (though its rare to find one that big anymore).

What's the axe for ::) ;D

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer said:
do they turn red when boiled too?

Yes - they go red when cooked

And the axe....

Thats in case one of our mosquito's try to carry one off ::)

Attachments

• marroncooked.jpg
    marroncooked.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 136

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread