Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but a few firsts for me. I was given permission to hunt the church grounds, it was hot & muggy so I didn't stay long. I did dig up some clad and one 1945 wheatie plus my 1st compact case lid. Ms. Pat told me someone else had already detected there. This place is my old stomping ground, I know where all the old buildings were located. I will be going back to detect more, no way this place is hunted out.

hunt2.jpg
No maker mark to be found​

Late Thurs evening when it was cooler I hit around our farm house again, finding another 1st; a zinc jar lid and a token (modern day car wash), needless to say makes me wonder how it got there to begin with, cause this place is on the other side of the MS River. Katrina probably took care of that business.

hunt5.jpg
I Love Terrytown

Then it was a heavy signal on the side of the house by the well, I used a shovel to do the digging, what I finally dug up I believe it is a stove pipe cover or whatever they're called.

hunt.jpg
All the finds​

Now the strangest thing today I was out riding the ATV and rode down by the cattle burial ground, I should say cemetery...cause that's what it is. For those who do not know, we lost 7 cows/calves since January. The last mound had several pieces of glass, a piece of broken crockery and 3 marbles that had washed to the surface during some heavy rains. I've always had found odd & end things in that area cause it's next to the logging trail. I made up my mind no matter where my husband is with the backhoe digging, I'm gonna be there to double check the dirt. But, I will honor the dead and never dig around those mounds.

hunt3.jpg
I believe this may had been a water pitcher​

hunt4.jpg
VERMO MFG NEW OR​

hunt6.jpg
Happy Hunting & Happy Digging​

:wink: RR

Upvote 0

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Sound like you got a good place to hunt.I believe that you need to go back and find the rest of
the old coins that goes with the wheaty that you found.Congrats hope you can stay longer next
time.

fortbball9

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

Finman

Mar 21, 2009
Seymour, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab - Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds River Rat, I hope you get back to that site, when you have more time!!!

HH Joe

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool finds. HH......

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o You've been busy, girl!! :icon_sunny: Love the marbles! You're going to have to get back to that spot and dig around some! Congrats on all those firsts too! And if you're finding wheats and something as big as that compact, you KNOW that place isn't hunted out! Go find the rest of the goodies, RR! :thumbsup:

Nana :-*

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds! You will defiantly make some more finds there and can hardly wait to see the silver you take out of there.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judie those are some cool finds, keep going back and hittin hard I think your going to pull a ton of stuff out of those areas!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats RR. :thumbsup:
I can't believe all the marbles that have been turning up lately. Must be a summer thing? ;D
-MM-

R

RUDY2003

Man, thats a good spot with all the broken glass etc. there...Bet there's treasure hidin' there...

Keep safe...

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the nice comments, folks :icon_thumright: I'm getting a new toy soon, a Minelab XT70 so I will be finding more and better treasures. Gotta find that hidden gold. ;D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Congrats on getting out Judie! I can't wait for my next opportunity. Love the token and the compact. Let us know when you get that new detector. Go for the Gold Girl!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post RR and cute froggy in the lillipads :laughing7: Too bad about all of the cattle dying ::). However at least you found some burried history. I'm on my way back from a long trip and am sitting in Hammond, La. at the petro. Your Louisiana humidity is killing my yankee $#@ :laughing7:

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What??? Man, you're only about 9 miles from me right now. Yep, the Lousyana humidity is bad, the rain cooled things off a bit this evening, but the skeeters are bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread