Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh!... What A Wicked Game You Play!

Me thinks you doth dance a little sidestep when pressed
With cries of foul facts demand hold enough with tales of fancy,
bring forth and resolute in more light the solid true.

Oh What A Wicked Game...You Play!

Game.png

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh What A Wicked Game...You Play!
Hoisted aloft by their own writ petard, the mere player depart the stage, waiting
for cue to their next line, and entrance,
stage left, for a die cast.
So let us pause in anticipation, whilest waiting
for respite respond.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air;
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on: and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

Prospero, The Tempest

This it ever is with Oak Island. Night dreams of wealth and riches that fade and vanish in the sober wakefulness of daylight.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More BS without any proof

Everything is bullshit without proof to you and yours. That's one of the most ridiculous statements yet on this forum. Proof doesn't come first, its, ideas, supposition, research, evidence then proof. As i mentioned before with Holy Blood Holy Grail, most of the detractors had ulterior motives.

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Everything is bullshit without proof to you and yours. That's one of the most ridiculous statements yet on this forum. Proof doesn't come first, its, ideas, supposition, research, evidence then proof. As i mentioned before with Holy Blood Holy Grail, most of the detractors had ulterior motives.

Cheers, Loki
You should consider the post to which my response was directed, there is a difference between stating something as fact and postulating a theory or idea, in this case specifically, as a Freemason, I have enough first hand knowledge to comment on the subject.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Everything is bullshit without proof to you and yours.

That happens to be a fairly good quick-and-dirty way to separate BS from facts: proof, or lack thereof.

Proof doesn't come first, its, ideas, supposition, research, evidence then proof.

All of which was presented in the post that he responded to, except for the proof part. That's why he called it BS without proof.

You bring up an interesting point with this though. "Proof" in this context can be defined as evidence. In your opinion, is it more productive to consider the available evidence (or proof) and formulate a hypothesis that can explain it, or to formulate a hypothesis and then try to find evidence that will support it, including but not limited to cherry picking said evidence and discarding facts that don't jive with the hypothesis? It's a bit of a rhetorical question, but we see it a lot here, so it's worth repeating.

As i mentioned before with Holy Blood Holy Grail, most of the detractors had ulterior motives.

If someone with ulterior motives points out flaws in my hypothesis, does that decrease the validity of those flaws?

Attack the argument, not the person.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Things are factual or not before the "proof" is discovered. It has existed right along if it is a fact or a truism, it's just not widely know or accepted until there is sufficient proof (or evidence) pulled together. In the case of Oak Island it would be physical evidence. Since that seems unlikely at this point the best that could be said is that some theories make more sense than others.

So proof does happen concurrently to an event. The proof is in the traces left by the event. It just has to be matched up afterwards.

And the paradox is that the lack of evidence can be proof that something is not true. Or is it that the evidence is lost or missing?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Everything is bullshit without proof to you and yours.
That's one of the most ridiculous statements yet on this forum.
Proof doesn't come first, its, ideas, supposition, research, evidence then proof.
As i mentioned before with Holy Blood Holy Grail, most of the detractors had ulterior motives.
I am quite sure there have been many more ridiculous statements made on this forum than the one on which you are commenting, some even made by you.
Moving on, who are the detractors and what are their ulterior motives concerning HBHG, and what does HBHG have to do with the Oak Island discussion?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oak Island...Is Being Sold!...You Too Can Buy It!

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/n...-of-oak-island-to-be-auctioned-online-367636/

TRURO, N.S. — Here's your chance to own a small piece of Oak Island.
Soil samples from drilling done for The Curse of Oak Island, a TV program, are being auctioned online to raise fund for Colchester-East Hants Hospice Society and the Health Services Foundation of the South Shore.
“(Geologist) Terry Matheson was getting rid of some samples when he thought a lot of people would love to have a piece of the search,” said Mike Francis, program support co-ordinator with the hospice society. “He thought it would be great if people could get them and help charity too. He’s from Truro so he reached out to us. I’m a huge fan of the show so I thought it was amazing.”
The hospice society will receive 40 per cent of the money raised, with the rest going to the Health Services Foundation of the South Shore.

Two hundred soil samples signed by Rick Lagina, Marty Lagina, Craig Tester and Dave Blankenship will be up for auction, starting at $50 per bottle. There will also be 20 necklaces of polished Oak Island stone, created by Rick Lagina, available along with a few other Oak Island artifacts.
Items can be viewed online, beginning Oct. 24 at www.32auctions.com/oakisland and the Oak Island Shares the Dream auction will be live on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 7-9 p.m., on Facebook.
When the livestream ends the auction is over.
“I think it’s the mystery overall, and watching them try to unravel the mystery, that draws people to the show,” said Francis. “I tried to book a tour ticket to the island once, but they were sold out, so getting to go to the island and being part of this was amazing.
“For hospice, third-party fundraisers like this mean so much. Any dollar from fundraising is a way to keep the doors open and services available.”

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as he has been on Oak Island, I could have already dug up a pick-up truck load of Bobby Dazzlers. And that is with digging my own Dazzler holes.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Things are factual or not before the "proof" is discovered. It has existed right along if it is a fact or a truism, it's just not widely know or accepted until there is sufficient proof (or evidence) pulled together. In the case of Oak Island it would be physical evidence. Since that seems unlikely at this point the best that could be said is that some theories make more sense than others.

So proof does happen concurrently to an event. The proof is in the traces left by the event. It just has to be matched up afterwards.

And the paradox is that the lack of evidence can be proof that something is not true. Or is it that the evidence is lost or missing?

Ahhh..therein lies the rub...
Lack of evidence is PROOF of conspiracy and coverup!��

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's true. The old "the Gummint got there first and sanitized the site" defense for bupkis to show.

But was it Army, Treasury Agents or the Men In Black?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
images.jpeg

Where it was sewn and printed we're lucky it doesn't read "Horry Shamorey"

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Season 7...Episode 1...Possible 18th Century Freemason Artifact Found?

Oak Island - Chisel.jpg

Stonemasons may have used this tool to carve the many Freemason emblems on Oak Island.

Freemason's mallet head pointed chisel.jpg

It is known as a Mallet Head Pointed Chisel (first on the left).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions