Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget. 30 million viewers were duped into watching "The Opening of Al Capone's Vault".

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice . . .

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I admit I still watch the show...not because of any belief they may find a "treasure", but rather to get a laugh out of the outrageous "deductions" they make of what they do find. Similar to the reasons I continue to follow the posts on this forum.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget. 30 million viewers were duped into watching "The Opening of Al Capone's Vault".

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice . . .

Al Capone’s vault actually had potential for something to be there unlike hoax island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The native American Indians did not build the mounds and fortifications.
They said so themselves many times. The White Indians descendants of Noah's son, Ham. The tall giant white people.
Later, King Arthur and the Welsh went in and rebuilt and made better.
First the Native American stated to the early Euro settlers that the mounds were built by the "ancient ones",
NO mention of "tall giant white people".
What is the source of your claim of "White Indians descendants of Noah's son, Ham"?
As with King Arthur of the 6th century who didn't have any vessels capable of crossing the Atlantic, neither did those in the alleged time of Ham.
Without ocean going vessels that could cross the Atlantic, tales of Ham, King Arthur, Welsh miners, Templars, and yes, even Henry Sinclair, are nothing more than created myth lacking any real support substance from actual history.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The Templars had made large scale discoveries of copper, tin and manganese in the New World...
You made the same exact claim about 6th century King Arthur and his band of merry Welsh miners.
Neither the Templars or King Arthur has vessels of crossing the Atlantic, much less being able to transport an ore cargo back to Europe.
There is NO evidence beyond speculative fantasy fabrication of self published quasi historians of pulp fringe pseudo history that supports either having mining activities in North America.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
With This Find...They May Want To...Button Their Mouth!

The Button found in Episode 23 Season 8...I believe is a British Navy Button issued during the War of 1812.

Button Season 8.png

Button 3 Anchors navy.jpg

Gilt brass, master's button with a rope twist outer border and oval inner border. In the centre, on lined ground, is a large anchor flanked by two small ones. On the reverse is the inscription 'TREBLE GILT/STAND.COLOUR.' Reference to this pattern appears in the regulations of 1807: 'buttons worn by the masters to bear the arms of the Navy Office.'

More than likely a trophy from a Royal Navy Officer during the War of 1812.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Zeno brother's Diary has now been verified as being Fact by the new book of genealogist and author, Diana Muir, and her finding of the "Lost Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair in 20 separate Journal Books in a basement in Greenville, Tennessee.
I have read her first book and use it as a reference book is so informative...
What Muir claimed to have "found" were 19th century handwritten copies of copies ( most likely from Richard Henry Major's 1875 translation of the Zeno) with a storyline adapted from the Zeno Narrative with the name "Sinclair" substituted by Major for Zichmni, and totally lacking any real provenance since Muir conveniently "disposed" of those allegedly found.
The alleged "original" Zeno Manuscript was destroyed by the Zeno descendant when he was a boy, BUT rewrote by memory after Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
Recreated by memory is NOT considered as provenance.
There are embellishments like the ship name St Katherine being wrecked on Oak Island and Sinclair and his merry band of geriatric Templars building a new ship from scratch in the Nova Scotia wilderness and Sinclair bringing six barrels of acorns to Oak Island are just a few highlights.
Neither of these works have a legitimate provenance, and at best are historical fiction, or just an outright hoax.
These are NOT a historical reference book by any means, and should NOT be accepted as one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome...Donnyf25...To The Show!

Nice to see they added some eye candy to the show .

Yes...big improvement over...Dave Blankenship!

Please feel free to post any "Theories" you may have.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
me, i feel that someone made the whole treasure buried here up and then sat back for a few generations and watched people spend money and laughed their asses off. show me the gold. now, something did happen with the roads and the cove items but perhaps, yes perhaps it had to do with the pine pitch sealer extraction. i would think thsat bafter an ocean crossing ships needed a bit of repair. i record the show and zip thru with no commercials or annoying commentator. show me some treasure please. kevin

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That 's A Great Pitch...I Believe..A Pine Tar Kiln On Oak Island..Is Not A Strike Out

me, i feel that someone made the whole treasure buried here up and then sat back for a few generations and watched people spend money and laughed their asses off. show me the gold. now, something did happen with the roads and the cove items but perhaps, yes perhaps it had to do with the pine pitch sealer extraction. i would think thsat bafter an ocean crossing ships needed a bit of repair. i record the show and zip thru with no commercials or annoying commentator. show me some treasure please. kevin

I do not believe Oak Island would be suitable for a Commercial Pine Tar Kiln as there are limited Pine Trees on the island with limited access to the island...mostly Oak Trees...and the water depth back several hundred years was very shallow for large ships.

Pine Tar Kiln.png

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe Oak Island would be suitable for a Commercial Pine Tar Kiln as there are limited Pine Trees on the island with limited access to the island...mostly Oak Trees...and the water depth back several hundred years was very shallow for large ships.

The key word is 'are' in the limited pine trees. The island may have been clear cut back in the day to harvest pines initially. But I agree that putting all that effort into the island seems misplaced when the mainland would have had essentially unlimited pine trees.

The ship docking is hard to understand exactly, now that the Smith Cove and Samuel Ball wharf structures have been unearthed. One of them may have been capable of hosting large ships. The swamp is still a big question mark other than the stone road. The ship connection is not clear.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe oak island was fully connected to the mainland and one of franklin's comets knocked it loose....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Just because it has never been read some where that any of that did happen, doesn't mean that it didn't, and just because something is in writing doesn't make it fact..
That is contingent on the veritas of the source of what one has read.
A formal documented paper that has gone through peer review and having outside collaborating evidence carries much more weight than the self published pulp pseudo history with no review proof of accuracy, or alleged journals that were not original, but copies of copies that were disposed after being translated by the finder is a good example of "something in writing doesn't make it fact".
As for "because it has never been read some where that any of that happen" is not proof in any way "it didn't" but in all probability never happened, allowing these purveyors of fringe fabricated history free range in creating their fantasies for profit.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's always that pesky detail of physical evidence as well......None of which has been found on hoax island for over 200 years.....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS has posted nothing of historic value only someone else's opinion. You call that "proof?"

...and all you have posted are your claimed "research" paraphrased rewrites of the fringe pseudo history fabrications of Wilson & Blackett, Muir, Halpern, Pennington, Amundsen, Smith, and others.
You call that "proof"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread