Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just "South" of Oak Island is a little talked about Bay of Islands called the Tusket Islands, which may have a link to...The Oak Island Money Pit's construction.

The island associated with this story is located among'st the Tusket Islands, and is called...Murder Island.

View attachment 1615858 View attachment 1615859 View attachment 1615860

Tales were told of Pirates burying their treasures on this island.

The name Murder Island was derived due to the many human bones found there.

Stories tell that these bones were really from the bodies of slaves brought to Murder Island after building the Tunnels and Vaults that made up...The Oak Island Money Pit!

"Murder Island (also known as Île du Massacre) - Local lore attributes the numerous human remains found on the island to the extermination of slaves brought up from the Caribbean or Africa subsequent to their work in the construction of subterranean architecture relating to the Oak Island treasure mystery."

I don't know where you got these photos but they are not the Murder Island that is in the Tusket Islands. I can add a small amount of information about the bones. I have a relative here who's father grew up on the Tusket Islands. He is an old guy in his 90's now. When he was a kid he remembers the bones being scattered around the island. He has a memory of playing on that island and using what he thought was a human leg bone as a bat. As far as I know the bones are now weathered away. Its not terribly difficult to get to Murder Island so anyone can go there and look around.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting article. Various mention of bones. Native use for burials seems the most plausible. Though moose bones could have been caused to be on the island by them too. MicMac sought Moose with great regularity.
Only testing would confirm type bones probably. Why after all this time no one confirmed type ....Adds to legends.
The Tusket Islands

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I don't know where you got these photos but they are not the Murder Island that is in the Tusket Islands.

Google "murder island nova scotia" and click on random links, including the first one. These seem to be stock photographs that are shared between various blogs and edutainment sites, in articles written by people that likely have never been there, or anywhere near there.

I can add a small amount of information about the bones. I have a relative here who's father grew up on the Tusket Islands. He is an old guy in his 90's now. When he was a kid he remembers the bones being scattered around the island. He has a memory of playing on that island and using what he thought was a human leg bone as a bat. As far as I know the bones are now weathered away.

If you ever get the chance to discuss this more with him, do so. This kind of stuff needs to be captured and documented. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Its not terribly difficult to get to Murder Island so anyone can go there and look around.

For someone in Nova Scotia, no, it's probably not terribly difficult to go there. For someone in western Washington, it's a bit of a headache. Not impossible, but not trivial either. I'm left relying on the reports of others for the time being.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting article. Various mention of bones. Native use for burials seems the most plausible. Though moose bones could have been caused to be on the island by them too. MicMac sought Moose with great regularity.
Only testing would confirm type bones probably. Why after all this time no one confirmed type ....Adds to legends.
The Tusket Islands

I would say the bones did not come from moose. Murder Island is a bleak windswept island surrounded by salt water. Not the sort of place where a moose would be. As for the bones they are long gone. The Tusket Islands have very acidic soil and we have had an issue with acid rain for years. Add in a few mice and the bones have long weathered away. The bones were on the surface. I'm tempted to go out Murder Island and have a look around. I doubt there is much to find though.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "murder island nova scotia" and click on random links, including the first one. These seem to be stock photographs that are shared between various blogs and edutainment sites, in articles written by people that likely have never been there, or anywhere near there.

If you ever get the chance to discuss this more with him, do so. This kind of stuff needs to be captured and documented. Once it's gone, it's gone.

For someone in Nova Scotia, no, it's probably not terribly difficult to go there. For someone in western Washington, it's a bit of a headache. Not impossible, but not trivial either. I'm left relying on the reports of others for the time being.

I have talked to him a bit about Life in the Tusket Islands from when he was a kid. He does not say a lot about it except that it was tough. Most things that I know are from what he told his son who then told me. Life on the Islands was tough enough that he volunteered to go fight in WW2 because he thought it was a better deal. You got a free uniform and more important and even better you got to eat more than one meal a day. Other things he will not discuss. I tried to find out the origin of some coins that have been turning up here in the last few years. All he will say is "it's a secret". I have no idea who is finding them they are of Dutch origin from the 1700s.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say the bones did not come from moose. Murder Island is a bleak windswept island surrounded by salt water. Not the sort of place where a moose would be. As for the bones they are long gone. The Tusket Islands have very acidic soil and we have had an issue with acid rain for years. Add in a few mice and the bones have long weathered away. The bones were on the surface. I'm tempted to go out Murder Island and have a look around. I doubt there is much to find though.

I was hinting of them being brought to the island. Though you would have a better idea from seeing the layout of the area ,nearest hunting, native use ect.

We used to camp on islands and points to get better breezes to delay seeking refuge in the tent till dark before becoming consumed by mosquitoes...Rather than early in the evening.
One site had a moose shoulder blade hung on a branch stub.
Respect for a killed moose,or happenstance from some one who raked trees with it while calling and discarded it there ,I don't know .
Was not a prime place for moose. But they do go where they will at times....A populated island with hungry folks though might warrant a detour.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Picture Is Worth...A Thousand Words!

Picture worth a thousand words.jpg

Maybe, while you are there...You could get some Pictures as to what you deem is...Murder Island, Tusket Islands, Nova Scotia, Canada?

I would presume that there still are bones on the island or could be located from the population.

As previously stated, more pressure is needed placed on the Government of Canada to step up and help solve this mystery.

Possibly, it will be on Season 6...The Curse of Oak Island...The Murder Island Connection!

the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6-artwork-1.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We also learn that Albert Einstein and Frederick R. Barnard are the same person! That,or memes can't be trusted. ;-)

716dbIAuvYL._SX425_.jpg

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just Because a Person Uses A Quote...Does Not Make Him The Author Of The "Quote"!

We also learn that Albert Einstein and Frederick R. Barnard are the same person! That,or memes can't be trusted. ;-)

716dbIAuvYL._SX425_.jpg

walt_disney_mis.jpg

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1617842

Maybe, while you are there...You could get some Pictures as to what you deem is...Murder Island, Tusket Islands, Nova Scotia, Canada?

I would presume that there still are bones on the island or could be located from the population.

As previously stated, more pressure is needed placed on the Government of Canada to step up and help solve this mystery.

Possibly, it will be on Season 6...The Curse of Oak Island...The Murder Island Connection!

View attachment 1617843

To be honest its not too likely that I will make it out there this summer. Possible but I have other priorities. If you go on google earth and search for Murder Island it comes up as Murder Island Argyle. As you can see there is not much there just rocks, grass and some low bushes.

One of the early theories was the bones came from a ship wreck. If someone washed ashore in the middle of the winter during a storm they would not last long. Its a harsh place with nothing to use for shelter. Also the name "Murder Island" came around late. I think it occurred when the maps were changed from French to English. The original name was something like Isle a massaccre. The early French thought some sort of massacre occurred there. There are a few local legends about the Island being haunted they told us about when I was a child in school long ago. I don't put much stock in that.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What was the "Point" for the ...Freemasons?

The "Point Within The Circle"...Was a Freemason's "Symbol" for the "Harvest".

Point within a circle.jpg

This "Point Within The Circle" has been found on Oak Island.

Point Within Circle.jpg

For the Freemasons it represents all the "Harvest" that they acquired from...The Knights Templar...Rosicrucian's...and the Plunder from the ongoing Wars.

Many of the cities and buildings which they financed occurred during what they specified was "The Harvest" from "The Fall Equinox".

Constitution of the United States.jpg Capitol Building.jpg

"So many new Masonic Halls and Temples have been opened at this time of year, but that is hardly as important as the date of the ratification of the US Constitution or the laying of the cornerstone of the Capitol in Washington DC which both took place at this pivotal part of the year. And make no bones about it, both the Constitution of the United States and the Capitol were heavily influenced by Freemasonry."

This "Fall Equinox".... "September 22, 2018"... if you are in the area of...Oak Island...Look up and See..."Their Map"...That was created by..."The Freemasons"..."Revealing"...The Location...To..."Their Treasure"!

Freemason's Celestial Map Fall Equinox 2017.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And the alchemist's symbol for Gold.

And the Astrologers symbol for the Sun.

And a Navigator's symbol for a position "fix" (two verified landmarks or a sextant reading).

And the Nazar symbol that will prorect from the "evil eye".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
YES...And also when it comes to...Oak Island...The Freemason's...Symbol for...Autumn...The Fall Equinox...The Symbol...Of Harvesting!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Point Within The Circle"...Was a Freemason's "Symbol" for the "Harvest".

View attachment 1628344

This "Point Within The Circle" has been found on Oak Island.

View attachment 1628340

For the Freemasons it represents all the "Harvest" that they acquired from...The Knights Templar...Rosicrucian's...and the Plunder from the ongoing Wars.

Many of the cities and buildings which they financed occurred during what they specified was "The Harvest" from "The Fall Equinox".

View attachment 1628347 View attachment 1628348

"So many new Masonic Halls and Temples have been opened at this time of year, but that is hardly as important as the date of the ratification of the US Constitution or the laying of the cornerstone of the Capitol in Washington DC which both took place at this pivotal part of the year. And make no bones about it, both the Constitution of the United States and the Capitol were heavily influenced by Freemasonry."

This "Fall Equinox".... "September 22, 2018"... if you are in the area of...Oak Island...Look up and See..."Their Map"...That was created by..."The Freemasons"..."Revealing"...The Location...To..."Their Treasure"!

View attachment 1628349

The circle with the point in the center is the "Ark of God."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow!

But if they moved it from Oak Island to Gamma Cassiopeiae (T'ish, the star you indicate in the constellation Cassiopeia) it is 550 light years away and inaccessible to us mere mortal non-Freemasons. * rats *

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't talking about the Stars and Constellations. I was referring to the Circle with the Dot in the Center.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Robot was who I was responding to.

He provided the "map" with the line drawn from Oak Island to Gamma Cassiopeiae revealing "the location to their treasure". Which may be different than the location OF their treasure.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Freemasons...Used...A Riddle!

Robot was who I was responding to.

He provided the "map" with the line drawn from Oak Island to Gamma Cassiopeiae revealing "the location to their treasure". Which may be different than the location OF their treasure.

For those...Who could not understand!

The Freemasons were very intelligent navigators and astronomers and they used a riddle to show the location of their Treasure Vault on Oak Island.

They were aware that a Celestial Point (Star) in the Heavens could be marked as a Terrestrial Point here on Earth and that this same method could be done over and over again with precise accuracy.

"Their concept was first laid out in the Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus: "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing."

"The quest is to find that which is lost, and to reveal that which is hidden!"

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you Robot. Petter Amundsen's work proved to me that the treasure was buried there. I however know that it was removed to Jamestown, then to Williamsburg during the Bacon Rebellion, later moved to Phil. PA, then to Washington, D.C. and then moved again in the early 1800's to it's final resting place where it is today.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do "they" have a new map for where it currently is?

Or should that be better discussed on a new forum?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions