CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , T Net diggers , Late October is a great time to search , especially when the ground is soaked and the temps are still in the seventies . Colonial ghosts from days gone by haunt these old sites , an eerie laughter and shadows are in these woods today . I sense evil as I unpack my gear :evil6: Just so happens , I ain't 'fraid of no ghost ... I want their lost coins . :tongue3: I went to the old 1700's home site . This was the site that had been pounded by a few of the seasoned TH ,ers and it was obvious , just a few buttons after an hour. I dug this harmonica reed out of an old root in the ground , took the whole piece because of it's coolness 8) 8) Finds were far and in between :-\ I called ol John who is familiar with this site and he advised me to cross the road directly in front of this place . Within minutes I was on the right track as the pics show . The large cent has a bust facing left and is smooth ,quite certain it is early US . Actually turns out to be 1817 Matron head large cent. Soaked the copper finds a minute in hot peroxide . . The half cent turned out to be an 1805 ,small 5 . I checked this coin at the PCGS website and saw that 81,000 + were minted , estimated 125 survivors and a variety with stems existed but were very rare { 16 in the graded population }. :o Before I cleaned the , crusty thin dirt layered shell, off the back I chipped a piece near the one over a two hundred fraction and spotted the stem . What a great feeling and a chance to get some hunting in without all the high heat , and tall weeds covered in blood sucking parasites and venomous spiders :P . Also found some flat buttons , assortment of wheaties and two indians . UPDATE; 10-29-10 bathed the half cent ... see new pictures , definitely , STEMS !! This Tuesday, I will get a pro verification but it seems right :hello2: Opinions wanted . Thanks for stopping in and Best late October " Halloween Hunting " to All :thumbsup: d aWg

Attachments

• oct 26 site.jpg
    oct 26 site.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • oct 26 site.jpg
    oct 26 site.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,179
  • halfcent.jpg
    halfcent.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 1805 halfcent small 5 stems 1.jpg
    1805 halfcent small 5 stems 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 1805-12.jpg
    1805-12.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,170
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,160
  • large cent.jpg
    large cent.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,158
  • autumn2.jpg
    autumn2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,162
  • lc  mystery.jpg
    lc mystery.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,159
  • rev 1805 stems.jpg
    rev 1805 stems.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 400
  • 1805 clean.jpg
    1805 clean.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 405
Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: October digs in Spookyville , USA

Cool Diggity Dawg! I am liking those coppers and buttons. Hit that site some more.

Kirk :headbang:

U

umrgolf

It sounds like you have a very rare Half Cent :o :o Will follow this thread closely to see what some suggest and to see if any new close-ups arrive :D ;D You're a good dude, Dawg :headbang:

btw, what's the design on the cufflink ??? and I think the LC is a matron head :dontknow:

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Love the creeepy intro ! I myself have a thing for the paranormal.

Great finds my friend !

Gotta ask, did you see any ghosts or hear of any?? :laughing9:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
It sounds like you have a very rare Half Cent :o :o Will follow this thread closely to see what some suggest and to see if any new close-ups arrive :D ;D You're a good dude, Dawg :headbang:
I hope this is one I will cherish and gawk at for awhile ..Thanks my friend and we be jammin' mon
Kirk PA said:
Cool Diggity Dawg! I am liking those coppers and buttons. Hit that site some more.

Kirk :headbang:
You guys are my inspiration to get it done ...I can feel it .. the colonial passion you have been sayin' all along :icon_shaking2:
txconservative said:

Great finds my friend !

I felt icey fingers grabbing at my shabby clothes :evil7: :evil7: :o

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Redbook (Mine is 2006) shows that one listed for $1,200 in VG. Not a bad day. :tongue3:

Jobey1

Sep 25, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer

Sweet find even if it wasnt rare.

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jobey1 said:
Sweet find even if it wasnt rare.
:icon_scratch: Thanks IP , 1200 reasons why it wasn't rare :dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great day out digging. Congrat's on the copper.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh yes, you got a rare one there Dawg! And a beauty too :o :headbang: HUGE congrats my friend, that's a copper that ANYONE would love to have in their collection. Not to mention you cleaned up on the buttons and got yourself a Matron Head Largie to throw into the pot. That's a site to go back to for sure! In all reality, that Flowing Hair Half Cent is a Banner coin :wink: :icon_thumleft:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txconservative said:

Great finds my friend !

Yes, I sometimes hear odd sounds, noises, and such at some of the sites I hunt at. About 4 years ago I was at one of my sites where ALOT of Civil War soldiers fought and died and I started hearing a drum roll, then a marching order as if a regiment were about to go into battle. IT was VERY eeiry as it is deep in the woods with nothing around for quite some distance except earthworks and riflepits. Felt like I was Zak on Ghost Adventures there for a minute :laughing7: ;D :wink:

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds. congrats.

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
txconservative said:

Great finds my friend !

Yes, I sometimes hear odd sounds, noises, and such at some of the sites I hunt at. About 4 years ago I was at one of my sites where ALOT of Civil War soldiers fought and died and I started hearing a drum roll, then a marching order as if a regiment were about to go into battle. IT was VERY eeiry as it is deep in the woods with nothing around for quite some distance except earthworks and riflepits. Felt like I was Zak on Ghost Adventures there for a minute :laughing7: ;D :wink:
Positively, ghosts await those who intrude on the grounds they consider are still theirs and ground where they may have met their demise ....waiting ,watching , see the site picture , it was 70 degrees and sunny but notice the dark and coldness that area suggests . Great testimony , Sentinel ...I am absolutely positive others have felt a presence , feel free to tell a ghost story , dig them!! Thanks Josh :evil5:

Attachments

• 100_3000.jpg
    100_3000.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 972
  • site.jpg
    site.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 992

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

That 1805 copper just made your Fall season, Dawg. I love the large Colonial button in the one picture as well.

U

umrgolf

Kyle PA said:
That 1805 copper just made your Fall season, Dawg. I love the large Colonial button in the one picture as well.

that copper would make just about anyone's fall season :thumbsup: Looks like CMD's sites aren't gonna dry up anytime soon :laughing9: :laughing9:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those are some ghost butt kicking colonial finds Dawg ! Across the street and looks virtually unhaunted ! Spooks in the woods there are ! I left the woods in a hurry just a couple of weeks ago ! The third time I riped my headphones off and looked around because I could hear or feel someone approaching me, I just quickly turned my machine off and booked it to the truck ! CONGRADS ON YOUR KEY DATE DRAPED SHE IS QUITE A HAG ! Great hunt Dawg ! MaineRelic.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congradulations on the finds. Looks like you hit the right spot. Hit it again, and again. There's got to be more. Happy Hunting.

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Wow Dawg nice finds! That site just keeps producing. I need to find me a spot in the woods like that! :headbang:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

2 Great coppers & a pile of Buttons!
spooky to boot !