CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , T Net diggers , Late October is a great time to search , especially when the ground is soaked and the temps are still in the seventies . Colonial ghosts from days gone by haunt these old sites , an eerie laughter and shadows are in these woods today . I sense evil as I unpack my gear :evil6: Just so happens , I ain't 'fraid of no ghost ... I want their lost coins . :tongue3: I went to the old 1700's home site . This was the site that had been pounded by a few of the seasoned TH ,ers and it was obvious , just a few buttons after an hour. I dug this harmonica reed out of an old root in the ground , took the whole piece because of it's coolness 8) 8) Finds were far and in between :-\ I called ol John who is familiar with this site and he advised me to cross the road directly in front of this place . Within minutes I was on the right track as the pics show . The large cent has a bust facing left and is smooth ,quite certain it is early US . Actually turns out to be 1817 Matron head large cent. Soaked the copper finds a minute in hot peroxide . . The half cent turned out to be an 1805 ,small 5 . I checked this coin at the PCGS website and saw that 81,000 + were minted , estimated 125 survivors and a variety with stems existed but were very rare { 16 in the graded population }. :o Before I cleaned the , crusty thin dirt layered shell, off the back I chipped a piece near the one over a two hundred fraction and spotted the stem . What a great feeling and a chance to get some hunting in without all the high heat , and tall weeds covered in blood sucking parasites and venomous spiders :P . Also found some flat buttons , assortment of wheaties and two indians . UPDATE; 10-29-10 bathed the half cent ... see new pictures , definitely , STEMS !! This Tuesday, I will get a pro verification but it seems right :hello2: Opinions wanted . Thanks for stopping in and Best late October " Halloween Hunting " to All :thumbsup: d aWg

Attachments

• oct 26 site.jpg
    oct 26 site.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,187
  • oct 26 site.jpg
    oct 26 site.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,180
  • halfcent.jpg
    halfcent.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 1805 halfcent small 5 stems 1.jpg
    1805 halfcent small 5 stems 1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 1805-12.jpg
    1805-12.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,171
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,161
  • large cent.jpg
    large cent.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,159
  • autumn2.jpg
    autumn2.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • lc  mystery.jpg
    lc mystery.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,160
  • rev 1805 stems.jpg
    rev 1805 stems.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 1805 clean.jpg
    1805 clean.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: October digs in Spookyville , USA

VERY nice Half Cent. Must have really got ya pumped up seein that girl starin back at ya.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congratulations on a great find (the others look great, as well!) Could you post a better picture of this "stem" that you mentioned, please? Is it because some of the coins did not have this originally or is this a typical wear point?

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, Dawg!

Nice Digs! :icon_thumright:

~Indiana Digger~

lidigger

Sep 4, 2010
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Prizm IV, White's Bullseye II Pointer (x2)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds in a place that so many have dug! Congrats. Sorry you missed the spooks, I'm in search of them myself.

Chris / LI Digger

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj said:
Great day out digging. Congrat's on the copper.
:thumbsup:
lidigger said:
Great finds in a place that so many have dug! Congrats. Sorry you missed the spooks, I'm in search of them myself.

Chris / LI Digger
Thanks , They will find you :o
Indiana Digger said:
Congrats, Dawg!

Nice Digs! :icon_thumright:

~Indiana Digger~
Glad you stopped in Thanks Indi
teleman 2525 said:
great site nice finds
Havin' a little fun with the spooky time of the season ....Thanks d aWg
Roland58 said:
Congratulations on a great find (the others look great, as well!) Could you post a better picture of this "stem" that you mentioned, please? Is it because some of the coins did not have this originally or is this a typical wear point?
Yes I will get that pic ..under the thin layer you see looks like some detail similar to the obv ...I see the stems but my macro skills need work
Sniffy said:
VERY nice Half Cent. Must have really got ya pumped up seein that girl starin back at ya.
Hey Sniffy , Yes , thanks ,your doing great up there.. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the 1200 reasons!

Hill
[/quote] Thanks Hill Maybe it's me :dontknow: I'll never figure it out :hello2:
Skelly607 said:
Very nice digs!
Thanks my friend :thumbsup:
steelheadwill said:
2 Great coppers & a pile of Buttons!
spooky to boot !
Awesome Digs! :thumbsup:
Never haunted out ....ain't that right Herbie Thanks
SouthJerseyJim said:
Wow Dawg nice finds! That site just keeps producing. I need to find me a spot in the woods like that! :headbang:
Borrowed this one from a friend :icon_pirat: Spookyville USA is almost every town 8)
Old River said:
Congradulations on the finds. Looks like you hit the right spot. Hit it again, and again. There's got to be more. Happy Hunting.
Thanks Old River :thumbsup: D
MaineRelic said:
Those are some ghost butt kicking colonial finds Dawg ! Across the street and looks virtually unhaunted ! Spooks in the woods there are ! I left the woods in a hurry just a couple of weeks ago ! The third time I riped my headphones off and looked around because I could hear or feel someone approaching me, I just quickly turned my machine off and booked it to the truck ! CONGRADS ON YOUR KEY DATE DRAPED SHE IS QUITE A HAG ! Great hunt Dawg ! MaineRelic.
Never know what is lurking out there :dontknow: psychotic ,evil , squirrels an killer bees have been a problem lately. Did you see how even the dead tree roots didn't want to give up the blues harp ??? ??? :o Never run and hide ,spirits prey upon fear :laughing7: I liked your story ..imagine something or someone charging you in full attack mode yelling Trick or treat ...gimme some freakin' candy [quote
TXPIRATE said:
Very nice finds. congrats. Thanks Tex :icon_pirat:
author=umrgolf2010 link=topic=363081.msg2577235#msg2577235 date=1288213821]
Kyle PA said:
That 1805 copper just made your Fall season, Dawg. I love the large Colonial button in the one picture as well.
Thanks Kyle ..you are referring to big mofo :laughing7: It's has been called that numerous times :thumbsup: ... copper would make just about anyone's fall season :thumbsup: Looks like CMD's sites aren't gonna dry up anytime soon :laughing9: :laughing9: umrgolf
[/quote]This could be all that there is :icon_scratch: the bottom may fall out :dontknow: the cufflink looks like a weird castle and the pic has Matron all over it ...in daylight it looks really faint and there is a counter stamp on her mouth. Thanks my friend

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice digs, and nice pics. Love them coppers!

Steve

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Yes, I sometimes hear odd sounds, noises, and such at some of the sites I hunt at. About 4 years ago I was at one of my sites where ALOT of Civil War soldiers fought and died and I started hearing a drum roll, then a marching order as if a regiment were about to go into battle. IT was VERY eeiry as it is deep in the woods with nothing around for quite some distance except earthworks and riflepits. Felt like I was Zak on Ghost Adventures there for a minute :laughing7: ;D :wink:
Positively, ghosts await those who intrude on the grounds they consider are still theirs and ground where they may have met their demise ....waiting ,watching , see the site picture , it was 70 degrees and sunny but notice the dark and coldness that area suggests . Great testimony , Sentinel ...I am absolutely positive others have felt a presence , feel free to tell a ghost story , dig them!! Thanks Josh :evil5:
[/quote]
That is the creepiest feeling ever. Especially when you wake up at 4:30AM and you are walking to your deerstand in the dark....Paranoia sets in....Always feel like something is watching me.....Bigfoot ? ?

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

txconservative said:
Yes, I sometimes hear odd sounds, noises, and such at some of the sites I hunt at. About 4 years ago I was at one of my sites where ALOT of Civil War soldiers fought and died and I started hearing a drum roll, then a marching order as if a regiment were about to go into battle. IT was VERY eeiry as it is deep in the woods with nothing around for quite some distance except earthworks and riflepits. Felt like I was Zak on Ghost Adventures there for a minute :laughing7: ;D :wink:
Positively, ghosts await those who intrude on the grounds they consider are still theirs and ground where they may have met their demise ....waiting ,watching , see the site picture , it was 70 degrees and sunny but notice the dark and coldness that area suggests . Great testimony , Sentinel ...I am absolutely positive others have felt a presence , feel free to tell a ghost story , dig them!! Thanks Josh :evil5:
That is the creepiest feeling ever. Especially when you wake up at 4:30AM and you are walking to your deerstand in the dark....Paranoia sets in....Always feel like something is watching me.....Bigfoot ? ?
:read2: Sasquatch or Bigfoot was in Cal. but the experts say he moved to Texas Thanks txconserv

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cheffer said:

Steve
Recently cleaned up the 1805 ..feel certain it is a key small 5 , stem variety . 16 in graded population . Thanks for your comment Steve

U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve
Recently cleaned up the 1805 ..feel certain it is a key small 5 , stem variety . 16 in graded population . Thanks for your comment Steve

new pics please ;D :headbang:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

This is the best graded example . 1805 Small 5, Stems BN
+ 1,250
- 12,000 Last two pics are the new ones ..best I could do ...I'll try again :tongue3:

Attachments

• 1805 half cent small 5 stems.jpg
    1805 half cent small 5 stems.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 387
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

This is the best graded example . Last two pics are the new ones ..best I could do ...I'll try again :tongue3:

I see the small 5 on the new pics, stem is hard to see

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

This is the best graded example . Last two pics are the new ones ..best I could do ...I'll try again :tongue3:

::)

Attachments

• rev 1805 stems.jpg
    rev 1805 stems.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 368
U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

:laughing9: I see it, I see it ;D

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve
breakin my stones :laughing9: little half sister coppers never get respect :laughing7:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve
breakin my stones :laughing9: little half sister coppers never get respect :laughing7:

killin' me little half sister coppers are never worthy of respect and I am using a tripod from now on ::) my blurry close ups :icon_scratch: Tigers / Cornhuskers :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch::laughing9:

U

umrgolf

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

killin' me little half sister coppers are never worthy of respect and I am using a tripod from now on ::) my blurry close ups :icon_scratch: Tigers / Cornhuskers :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :laughing9:

:laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf2010 said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
cheffer said:

Steve

killin' me little half sister coppers are never worthy of respect and I am using a tripod from now on ::) my blurry close ups :icon_scratch: Tigers / Cornhuskers :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :laughing9:

:laughing9: :laughing9:
:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread