Of all the nerve !!!

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Went into a local store today to pick up some Poweraid when I noticed the cashier was FUMING over getting "Ripped off" by some woman who had just been in. I just HAD to ask what had happened & she shows me 2 coins the customer had "passed off" to her as "REAL nickels" when paying $2.10 for cigarettes !! "She must think I am stupid or something" she complained. :o :o "Wish I had looked first before I took them, now I am STUCK with them" !! ::) ::)

I reached into my pocket & pulled out an extra 10 Cents on top of what I owed for the drink, & told her "The nerve of some people" !! "There you go, problem solved" ;D ;D

Now isn't it a nice feeling to help out someone when they are having a bad day ?? ;) ;)

vx2.jpg

vx2a.jpg

Upvote 0

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Hey Yank-I bet she's just working there till NASA calls,hehehe!!Great timing!

RainDog

Jun 10, 2005
middle Ga
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Discovery 1100
OH YEAH!! :) This past year I have helped people who have been "ripped off" because of foriegn or old coins three times this year. keep your eyes and ears open and make freinds with that lady "?" ;) behind the counter at the corner store.
HH Raindog

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, your girl must have been the same lady that Whitesaid got his Big Dollar from. Kids now days, only think with the regester, not their minds. DaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

Great work, I'm always looking in the cash drawers to see if maybe they have a half dollar or silver dollar, sometimes you get lucky!

:HH,Ringfinder

T

TreasureTales

Good for you for being so alert and so helpful. Wonder if the cashier's employer knows how dumb she is? Congrats, great finds!!!

Remember the time, a couple years ago, when a young lady at a Dairy Queen accepted a large denomination bill that was OBVIOUSLY a fake and SHE GAVE THE GUY CHANGE??? Why in the heck can't I find cashiers like that?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice guy, Mississippi. ;)

:D

You did good!

;)

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume most of you are aware of the history of this design, but just in case...

Original "V" nickle minted in 1883, without the "cents". Same size as a $5 gold piece and both had Lady Liberty on the front. Within weeks con men were gold plating them and production was stopped within the year. The redesign incorporated the word "cents" to avoid confusion.

The originals are very collectable but I am unaware of the current value.

Source, Sept.-Oct. '06 "Mental Floss" magazine.

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Thanks Y'all ( can you imagine a Yankee saying Y'all ? ;D )

In this VERY town I live in ...... I once gave a girl at the drive-thru window at Burger King ... one of those fake $1,000,000.00 Bills & asked her if she could break it for me so I could pay for my meal. She actually opened up the cash drawer and COUNTED out how much she had, then called the Manager over to ask if they had enough to break it !! :o :o

Needless to say, he was not all that amused with me. ;)

My FAVORITE Bumper sticker in this town is "My mother is an Honor Student at Petal Middle School" :o :o ;D

Yucon Cornelius

Sep 27, 2006
west virginia (wayne)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, whites eagle II
somthin similar happened to my mom. only she was the cashier at a dollar store when some kid spent $2.00 in early 1800s dimes. she quickly yanked 2 bucks from her purse to replace those silly ole coins.
awfull nice of you to help that damsel in distress *HERO*

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
He shoots! He Scores!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Mississippi Yankee said:
...In this VERY town I live in ...... I once gave a girl at the drive-thru window at Burger King ... one of those fake $1,000,000.00 Bills & asked her if she could break it for me so I could pay for my meal. She actually opened up the cash drawer and COUNTED out how much she had, then called the Manager over to ask if they had enough to break it !! :o :o
...My FAVORITE Bumper sticker in this town is "My mother is an Honor Student at Petal Middle School" :o :o ;D

Your lucky. If someone felt like it, I think that little prank could have netted you a hefty charge from the secret service. My favorite bumper/window sticks are:
My kid slept with your honor student
My kid beat up your honor student
Your college sucks (place over break light in rear window like other college window stickers)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sir are a true southern gentleman! Helping out a lady in distress by offering to take those foreign coins. Tsgman

Dig This

Dec 26, 2005
western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Excellent story.you know we are surrounded by idiots and they are closing in fast.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a Good Man Yankee !

If I can do the same for you let me know.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread