Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, sounds like a bit of fun to be had. I might just have to come up and try some of the fun.
Rick

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will be posting up a little video tonight shot fro location...let us know if you do chose...

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I replied to the wrong thread before. My wife and I would be very interested in attending the event. What is the price for camping - we have a 5th wheel camper.

i know if you are part of camper USA or something its 22 a night, but don't qoute me spoke with some folks in a large RV. you will have plenty of time to cal and get things situated...stay tuned...gregg

Gypsy huntress

Aug 10, 2007
West Palm Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
White XL Pro; Minelab Excalibur; Garrett Infinium; Garrett 250; Fisher CZ-3D; Tesoro Silver Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will mark my calendar and try to round up other forum friends that live in my area of south Florida. Will be glad to donate coins etc for burying and prizes.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why thank you gypsy....hadn't even started on the prize round up yet, im gonna be donating like 10 coins to the raffle as well as other items so....again much appreciated....

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginning of next week i will be posting the location,etc so that ppl can start getting their spots reserved. Owner will not be letting anyone on the property to Metal Detect prior to our event. so im posting this so that everyone can get their stuff in order.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gregg, I like looking for & finding Indian artifacts. Are you aware of any locations in the area of the hunt?

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supposedly they found some on the property there, but not too far maybe i can ask sundancer here from tnet, if he knows of anywhere, he llives the closest of everyone ot the hunt area.

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are planning to attend this event just am not sure if we will be camping or grabbing a hotel room in the area. My girlfriend tried my detector a year ago and is hooked. We are buying her one (lighter than the BH Quick Draw II) as she is eager to get into this new hobby. Looking forward to Feb. now :) . Oh yeah, motel we are looking at has a hot tub, big sell for her.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the property there has a hot tub and pool, as seen in the video. they have a small motel, cabins, camping areas. ...if you stay off property , you'll have to get a wristband each day and pay that way, i will have all details posted soon.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am looking for somewhere south to go for the week in February to get away from the brutal Pittsburgh, PA weather. I was thinking about the Carolinas, but might head to Florida. Would be flying in instead of driving down, so I'd have to figure out a way to get me 2 detectors and other extras there since I doubt I could fit them all in my carry on. hate to have to check them in and have them turn up missing when I get there, you know?

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could hook up with someone here and ship them via ups, might actually save money and potential theft

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah sure some of us would hold onto them till you came to the hunt location. or if your talking florida in general, im sure there are members from all over the state, so just make sure to work out details....

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will definitely be making it to this event. She is excited and talking about it so see you there.
Rick

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got ya on the list there buddy!! Info is up!! any questions ask away folks.....we are also looking for ideas for shirts, they will be embroidered so i have a local spot doing them so any ideas post them here!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread