OFFICIAL LA BAYOU HUNT - DETAIL UPDATES 4/4/08!!! Pg 14

Cynangyl said:
lol At least the question I answered was an easy one and it was before the hunt ever started. Looks like she had everyone studyin or coming up with excuse letters for how long?? rofl

She is a deep one, our River Rat lol

Nan

Jaun We have to dicuss as no one else has mentioned it back on I think page 22 you said ringggggggggggggg for the call no one has mentioned your cell phone ring!

Cock-a -doodle -doo! :icon_sunny: Does not wake anyone upwhen you have a rooster walking around 24 hrs. a day :icon_sunny:

OK OK here's the truth.

I wrote RiverRat a ONE MILLION dollar check to excempt all of us from the test. It was a rubber check but I wrote it anyway..... ::) :tongue3:

Thanks for that ME! Kudos to you and Kudos again, you may take a bow.....(what's that bouncing sound??)
Baggins

Baggins said:
Thanks for that ME! Kudos to you and Kudos again, you may take a bow.....(what's that bouncing sound??)
Baggins

Yeah, that sounds like a rubber ball bouncing in steel tank!

Oh, someone has to elaborate on the cock-a-doodle-do phone ring!!!

Seems that Juanmoretime somehow folded his 7'12" frame into his tent and went souuuuuuud asleep Friday night. The 42 chickens sleep soundly and quietly, too, but the 4 roosters like to sound off periodically throughout the night and early morning. It's just white noise and helps one fade off into sleepy land.

About 10:00 Saturday morning, Juanmoretime drags himself into the greenhouse and said, "MAN! I ain't NEVER slept like that!!!" Turns out his buddy had been trying to call him on his cell phone for a couple of hours to check on him. Only thing was, he had his cell phone ring set up as a rooster crowing, which just melded into all the REAL roosters crowing!! ;D Every time it rang, he just snoozed that much harder! ;D :D :D ;D

-Noodle

lol too funny! That is something I miss a lot from growing up on the farm...loved all the animals and the noises. I noticed yours were quite the hams with the live video feed....noisy as all get out and kept running back and forth in front of the camera. I was loving it! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful part of the world with us pretty lady!! Even those that were not there in person got a touch from heaven and for that we are truly thankful! ~hugs~

Juanmoretime said:
RR was too busy or it just slipped by her!!! Everybody was afraid to bring it up!!!! ;D

I did ask a few...one was "What is the name of the bayou where we hunted?" No one knew the answer, I told them then said "what the heck, here's a Zatarains coupon" The answer was Bee Bayou.

Cousin Barbara did show up at the hunt Saturday spent 3 hours trying to find me. She asked different ones if they had seen me, they would tell her a certain place, the area of the chimney, she hitched a ride with (I believe was Rudy...she said he was from the Houston area) to the bridge hunted for me there too, back up to the greenhouse. This is what she told me "Yea, I hunted the Louisiana Bayou Hunt, I spent 3 hours trying to find a rat and never found that dang rat." "It was like looking for a needle in a haystack" :sign10:

Needless to say, as I was leaving Noodle's about 9:00 Sunday night, while on the long stretch of the driveway, I saw headlights coming along the curvy part of the drive, so being nice I sat and waited so that vehicle to make the curves then I would start on with my way out. It was Barbara :o We all headed back to the greenhouse. She got to meet some of the folks still camping and ate some cheesecake. Once Raidersfan found out that Barbara's husband was from Iowa, they just chatted & chatted. Then Dan grabbed them and took off on a tour.

The next morn after a wonderful breakfast with Charlie, Nana, ME, BB, John & Caleb we departed our separate ways. I was heading to Barbara's @ Delhi (she recently moved there from Dubach, LA, after previously living in Iowa for 7 years).

Just trying to keep up with Barbara, that girl wore me out in 1 day more than 3 days at the LBH...we went to Poverty Point, climbed those steps up to the mound, went to the state park, Barbara knew where a dump was on the trail, I found a nice old glass Purex bleach bottle only for it to break when it rolled out of her vehicle. Oh, we were on the look out for bears the whole time since I saw the "bear crossing" sign and the bear habitat area. Went to the Dumas Candy Factory and bought some candy, ate at a Mexican place, toured her new coffee shop to be in downtown Delhi (building built in 1909) MDed the back area of the place, MDed in her yard, church grounds. I did not attempt to dig anything, my right arm was hurting too bad I didn't get to leave till almost 5:00, I was tired...she asked me to spend the night but I was ready to be home. I got home shortly after 8:00 and I'm still recuperating. My legs feel like I hiked some long mountain trail in the Smoky Mountains.

p4210117 (2).jpg
Beware of Bear!! (Taken @ PP State Park)​

p4210114 (2).jpg
Found @ Poverty Point​

p4210116 (3).jpg
Barbara found the "Rat"​

Well that is certainly the way to arrive in style and sounds like you have earned a 2 week vacation AT LEAST! lol What an exciting trip though! Thanks for the pics and story.....maybe next year I can go too! ;D

Rest up JUdie ---- You deserve it!

Cyn you like the chickens you should have seen WSD his grandkids Nadine (daddy is that right) she was sittin there in front of us being real still holding her cob and one of the chickens was eating of of it, then every time she disapeared she was in the coop keepin them company and Dan that nice man let her cover the eggs for the hens so they wouldn't get cold ;D

RR,

If that is your bike, were gonna have to change your name. A River Rat is not suppose to be riding a motorcycle.

Cool ride though :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back