Oh no, not another one.......

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As if it's not enough for us CRHers that we have that "5 magic words to say to the sniping teller" increasing the ranks of hunters competing with us, here's another one. I was on survival blog and saw that they are advising their readers to click on this to see how to spot silverJunk Silver Coins Free Infographic | Gainesville Coins. Why can't this be kept a secret?

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eh I'm not too worried about that one. I have never heard of that company so their audience is probably relatively limited. I would imagine most survivalist types are already aware of silver coins anyhow. Also they don't suggest getting halves from the banks, only to look through pocket change. I think the "5 magic word" is way worse.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
eh I'm not too worried about that one. I have never heard of that company so their audience is probably relatively limited. I would imagine most survivalist types are already aware of silver coins anyhow. Also they don't suggest getting halves from the banks, only to look through pocket change. I think the "5 magic word" is way worse.

homie these ads don't exist in my area cause I cleaned out all da silver

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
As if it's not enough for us CRHers that we have that "5 magic words to say to the sniping teller" increasing the ranks of hunters competing with us, here's another one. I was on survival blog and saw that they are advising their readers to click on this to see how to spot silverJunk Silver Coins Free Infographic | Gainesville Coins. Why can't this be kept a secret?

Its too late to be kept a secret at this point, honaroll, myself & em tried stopping the secret permanently a few months ago with the "Silver-Free-Boxes". everyone didn't care and refused to play along, oh well they are paying now aren't they?. The cats outa the bag now son, and really, It doesn't matter if more people are going to sign up cause silver is drying up on a day to day basis. Plus, survival people are pretty messed up, alot have low-paying jobs, and would glady ask Gaurda, Brinks and others if they are hiring. Then they would take all the silver out before it even reaches us, essentially the last nail in the coffin of coin roll hunting. I pointed out a few days ago, how this site used to have 150 people viewing the coin-roll-hunt'n section on a weeknight evening, now, there are 50 at the most viewing this forum at a time. Do you want to know why? Its cause silver is drying up.

What I don't understand is what kind of fool has the time to waste making an infographic on silver coins, and waste time making one for ikes? i mean come on, most people don't even look for normal ikes what makes him think they'll look for silver ones.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver in pocket change...that happens every day...maybe 1/2 of 1% of the population is even stacking silver.

Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gainesville coin is a huge Brick and Mortar shop as well as an online shop. TimZim bought his monster box through them as well
as myself purchasing quite a bit of silver through them also.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Gainesville coin is a huge Brick and Mortar shop as well as an online shop. TimZim bought his monster box through them as well
as myself purchasing quite a bit of silver through them also.

Here's a tidbit about Gainesville Coin. The two brothers run it now. A couple of years ago, it was their father that ran the business and they just helped out in the shop. They didn't really care about coins. They had a reputation where older patrons avoided going into the shop when the kid's were working. Eventually, dad retired and passed the business on to them. Of course, their attitudes changed and they have taken the business to a new level. I remember about 5 years ago watching the two man their tables on the bourse floor at the FUN show. They were knee deep in discarded monster boxes of gold american eagles that they were selling by the roll to old men with disposable income. The last statement is no exaggeration. They had run out of their initial supply and Brinks was rolling in another dolly stacked with monster boxes.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concur that gainesville coin is a must call (or email) if your planning to buy or sell coin in bulk. They are a solid company and at times have the best deals available.

As for the OP, the lack of consistent silver is the best deterrent to CRHing. I would guess that most 'stackers' are familiar with the idea of CRHing at this point. A lot of people try it out but most quit when they look through three or four boxes with little or no luck. Most of us that have stuck it out did so because we had some good luck at the beginning of our CRHing hobby.

OO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread