Ohio coin Show

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
Another Guy on the Forum met up at the coin show and Found the only deal in the place.
There were 48 war nickles in a basket for .65 cents each, I asked the Guy you Give us a better Price if we take them all.He Gave us them for .60 cents each. As of today They were worth .69 cents melt value.
At the Peak in april when Silver was 14 a oz they melt for around .75-.80 cents.
So We Split them.

Good Day all in all.
I did not find any silver at work.
Just 2 50's wheats.
When I got to work my boss had something for me.....
She had went to the Flea market and saw this coin for a dollar. "She knows I Like Coins"
Ill Have to Take a Pic of it its Pretty Neat.
Its a Chinese coin A lil Bigger then a Silver Dollar.
Ive never Seen one before, Nor can make out what year or any thing about it, its all Gibberious to me.
Im Going to Take it with me the next time I go Get Chinese Food, I know the Guy there to see if he Can read me the info off to tell what it is.
It Looks like it might be silver.
I hope it is That would be alot of silver I paid a dollar for lol.
Its Heavy.
Anyone know if Chinese coins were ever silver?

CC

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
coincollector101 said:
Another Guy on the Forum met up at the coin show and Found the only deal in the place.
There were 48 war nickles in a basket for .65 cents each, I asked the Guy you Give us a better Price if we take them all.He Gave us them for .60 cents each. As of today They were worth .69 cents melt value.
At the Peak in april when Silver was 14 a oz they melt for around .75-.80 cents.
So We Split them.

Good Day all in all.
I did not find any silver at work.
Just 2 50's wheats.
When I got to work my boss had something for me.....
She had went to the Flea market and saw this coin for a dollar. "She knows I Like Coins"
Ill Have to Take a Pic of it its Pretty Neat.
Its a Chinese coin A lil Bigger then a Silver Dollar.
Ive never Seen one before, Nor can make out what year or any thing about it, its all Gibberious to me.
Im Going to Take it with me the next time I go Get Chinese Food, I know the Guy there to see if he Can read me the info off to tell what it is.
It Looks like it might be silver.
I hope it is That would be alot of silver I paid a dollar for lol.
Its Heavy.
Anyone know if Chinese coins were ever silver?

CC
I have 2 of them my brother got at a flea market for a dollar. Looks real. Fake or fantasy coin. Chinese. Has L. Giorgi on it, the Italian designer. Lets see a pic.

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
I Looked the coin up its said to be rare.
I think its a fake I weighed it.
What it is though is a silver Dollar hu-peh providence.
Date unknown 1909 -1911.
It only Weights 20.5 grams or so.
The Orignal is 28 grams.
to bad the orginal would have been worth more then the dollar I paid in silver.
Its Got a Dragon on it.
a dollar for a fake.
I want to take it to a dealer and see what they have to say.

CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread