OI: Tell us your What? Who? And Why? No proof needed here.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can keep posting a thousand times over that there is no treasure on Oak Island either. Do you have any proof there is no treasure on Oak Island. The ship sails in both direction. Without treasure being found a claim of treasure being on Oak Island is just as valid as there is no treasure on Oak Island. Neither can be proven that is why the search has continued for 223 years and it will continue to be searched out. Why not let the Lagina brothers do most of the digging and searching while they have sponsorship of their work. Even if nothing is found all of their work is documented and someone can take that and just maybe one day find a treasure on Oak Island.

I have watched expert treasure hunters search a place until they were tired and did not want to return anymore saying there was no more treasure in that particular location. I have went back over their work searched a little deeper by not discriminating and found the larger silver and gold coins they had missed.

Kind of like ice fishing up here with my dad when I was a kid. I would fish a hole all day, then quit while telling dad there is no fish, he then walks over, drops his hook and bait in.....within ten minutes he gets one!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No one can keep posting a thousand times over that there is no treasure on Oak Island either...
...but saying there is has created a cottage industry of theories, books, magazine articles, and television programs a "thousand times over". :laughing7:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I research for likely Victorian dump sites I’m doing science. When I locate a site that I think has potential then I hypothesise that there may be something there. That’s doing science. To check this out I get out and detect. That’s doing science. If I find Victorian artefacts then I’ve proven my hypothesis. That’s doing science.

Yep, that's good application of science and reasoning. Where has that ever been done on OI? As I said, every scrap of evidence to date has been negative evidence. If you detect a potential Victorian dump site and find nothing, would you still excavate the site? If you excavate and find nothing, would you still insist it's a Victorian dump, but those bustards must have buried everything much deeper? How much digging would you do, with zero results, before you admitted it was not what you thought it was?

If OI was on jury trial, with the prosecution asserting it's a delusional hoax, it would be a slam-dunk case. The evidence overwhelmingly favors the prosecution, and the defense has nothing to offer. And the "nothing" means absolutely nothing. Not even a scrap.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Well here it goes, I have said it many times on this board on my beliefs that this adventure on Oak Island off the coast of Nova Scotia is has its origins from the Templar Crusades in 1099 AD in Jerusalem. I believe that their excavations under the Temple Mound yielded them many religious artifacts that actually could have been housed in the Holy of Holies within the original Temple of Solomon. After removing the artifacts from Jerusalem to safeguard them from the Muslims attacks, the Templar Knights kept them with much of the acquired treasure in the Templar stronghold of La Rochelle.As a result of the persecution of the Templar Knights by the King Philip the Fourth of France with the backing of the Pope Clement V, their very existence was endanger throughout Europe so they fled with all of their treasure after the burning of their Grandmaster Jacule DeMolay and 52 other Templar Knights in 1306 AD.I believe that the Templar Knights sought asylum from Robert The Bruce I of Scotland and in return pledge loyalty to Robert the Bruce which gave him the tactical advantage at the Battle of Bannockburn against King Edward II. During their time in Scotland, some of the Templar Knights rediscovered their order under a secret society known as the Freemason. This in turn would explain some of the similarities between the two groups. But both having a rooted belief in “Enoch”. Known to be the right hand of God.The Templar did understand that their treasure was in jeopardy no matter where they were in Europe, so either by suggestion of Robert The Bruce or just from hearing the tails of the Vikings,they decided to place their fortune where at the time posed no threat it its existence, “The New World”. In the stories of Enoch, the Angel “Uriel” took Enoch to where the sky met the earth and shown him a great hole within the earth. Enoch was told the this is where the 200 fallen were kept.In “Dante’s Inferno” this place was called “Purgatory” and consisted of 9 levels with the bottom level being a frozen lake, but let us not forget that also with the stories of Enoch, it was said the Enoch had built a 9 chambered vault one on top of the other, underground in honor of God and you entered each vault through the arch. The bottom vault contained a gold seal encrusted with jewels and the name of God engraved on it. A flat rock covering the entrance and a ring on it so it can be entered.I believe that the Templar's created one vault on Oak Island and the only reference to its location was a stone place above it with the letter “G” carved on it. The “Money Pit” is “Dante’s”“Purgatory” and the 9th level being “Treachery”. That’s why the 90 foot stone in the money pit told people to dig deeper...it was truly meant for the “Traitors” being the French Monarchy and the Church. Their greed would be their end...

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s why the 90 foot stone in the money pit told people to dig deeper....
Thanks for sharing... However the 90 foot stone that the "Code" come from was not the same 90 foot stone found originally as the evidence Cleary shows. As discussed in this thread..http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/571864-90-foot-stone-evidence-lack.html

From this well researched document quoting multiple original sources

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

It is clear.....

No one even bothered to write about the stone found for the first 60 years...
It was used for a chimney by treasure seekers because it was not though significant or important...
If there was an obvious code that was on a stone that was pulled out of the pit at 90ft who would of thought that not significant or important.
Thus it was used for a building stone by a treasure searcher. Its pretty hard to believe this would be the case if there was a clearly readable code...

The first reference to such a code was in a prospectus to attract investors 90 years later and the stone had changed size (grown by over a foot)...

Within a few more years the stone can only be found with no visible code..

Thus my friend here is the BIG flaw in you theory....

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee you guys are tough .... the thread topic is OI: Tell us your What? Who? And Why? No proof needed here.,
yet everyone's ego is by God determined to prove very one else wrong . ... human nature at it's finest.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee you guys are tough .... the thread topic is OI: Tell us your What? Who? And Why? No proof needed here.,
yet everyone's ego is by God determined to prove very one else wrong . ... human nature at it's finest.
lol... people are just joking around... No one really is trying to prove any one wrong or right..

But if people raise theories they should be happy people wish to engage with them and discuss... Other wise what is the point of raising them on a forum... It will be pretty short threads if people don't discuss what people say...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for sharing... However the 90 foot stone that the "Code" come from was not the same 90 foot stone found originally as the evidence Cleary shows. As discussed in this thread..http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/571864-90-foot-stone-evidence-lack.html

From this well researched document quoting multiple original sources

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

It is clear.....

No one even bothered to write about the stone found for the first 60 years...
It was used for a chimney by treasure seekers because it was not though significant or important...
If there was an obvious code that was on a stone that was pulled out of the pit at 90ft who would of thought that not significant or important.
Thus it was used for a building stone by a treasure searcher. Its pretty hard to believe this would be the case if there was a clearly readable code...

The first reference to such a code was in a prospectus to attract investors 90 years later and the stone had changed size (grown by over a foot)...

Within a few more years the stone can only be found with no visible code..

Thus my friend here is the BIG flaw in you theory....

That is fine, we remove the 90 Foot Stone from the equation, we still have a purgatory. The shaft still floods and we have a shaft that they couldn't get to the bottom of. I threw the stone in because the 9th platform was 30 feet higher them the opening of the flood tunnel. It would have made sense to entice the digger to go a little farther to assure the flooding. So as for your thoughts of a "Big Flaw", I can not see as this is an issue...Why was there not more Oak platforms? You have 30 foot of void between the 9th level and the flood tunnel and why was the levels filled in between without an entrance between levels through the Oak platforms? As it seems to me the "Money Pit was built actually from the bottom up.

Had it occurred to anyone that maybe there was no mention of the stone or the writing on was due to the fact that no one could decipher it? Or even more to the fact that they took a guess at the deciphering because of the evidence at hand. Supposedly the gold links were found on the drill around 1849, which very well could have been a ruse to acquire investors, and the the design of the flood tunnels to assure constant flooding. It was confirmed by the same company that the flood tunnels existed. To the simple belief that there must be something of great importance down there to go through such endeavors. I wouldn't keep the stone around, for someone else to decipher and possibly prove that what I had said was false.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010

I like a good debate, the only thing I hate is when people use the "Lack of Evidence" as a platform...It doesn't mean it doesn't exist but rather is hasn't been found yet...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lack of Evidence" as a platform...It doesn't mean it doesn't exist but rather is hasn't been found yet...
Until evidence is presented the assumption MUST be that the theory/idea/speculation is incorrect and/or does not exist. Otherwise any assertion must be accepted as true...

In the case of Oak Island millions have been spent over hundreds of years looking for evidence... None has been found that supports treasure still being buried on Oak Island...

Find the treasure and all will believe..

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Until evidence is presented the assumption MUST be that the theory/idea/speculation is incorrect and/or does not exist. Otherwise any assertion must be accepted as true...

In the case of Oak Island millions have been spent over hundreds of years looking for evidence... None has been found that supports treasure still being buried on Oak Island...

Find the treasure and all will believe..

My favorite comparison that I always go back to is the story of the existence of the the "Coelacanth", Science had denied the existence of the prehistoric fish called the "Coelacanth" being caught in modern day off the coast of South Africa. Their claim was that they had went extinct a million years ago even though they had modern day claims of them being caught. It took a trip to south Africa and see for them selves it was true. As I say, does this mean the scientist were right until proven wrong? No, quit the contrary, they were wrong the whole time...Now you and other will say so prove it, but you know as well as I that "We" the theorist do not have the power to prove it...The Lagina Brothers along with The Blankenship's have the power to prove our theories correct or false and they will not veer from their plan of action which is drilling a bunch of little holes until they find something...If you want to know where the vault lies , look around the "Cave-In Pit, that is were the "G" stone origin all lied before the Blankenship moved the stone with a bulldozer .

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Who was it that confirmed that the flood tunnels existed?

Appendix --Claims of a flood tunnel under Oak Island

The "Truro Company" or the "Oak Island Treasure Company". I believe the Truro Company confirmed it's existence and the Oak Island Treasure company attempted to blow it up trying to stop the influx of seawater. Only to find that there was more then one flood tunnel. They are the ones that used dye.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Truro Company" or the "Oak Island Treasure Company". I believe the Truro Company confirmed it's existence and the Oak Island Treasure company attempted to blow it up trying to stop the influx of seawater. Only to find that there was more then one flood tunnel. They are the ones that used dye.

The Truro Company speculated that there were flood tunnels based on the flooding of their diggings. They did not observe them.... no one has, despite a considerable effort to find them. The geology of the area explains the flooding. No 'flood tunnels' are required.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
The Truro Company speculated that there were flood tunnels based on the flooding of their diggings. They did not observe them.... no one has, despite a considerable effort to find them. The geology of the area explains the flooding. No 'flood tunnels' are required.

The Oak Island Treasure Company actually detonated explosives in Smith's cove to stop the flooding and after they had fail they poured dye into the money Pit and found that there was more than one flood tunnel. They tried to recreate the dye test but failed but that I believe was due to the excavations of Robert Dunfield.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Oak Island Treasure Company actually detonated explosives in Smith's cove to stop the flooding and after they had fail they poured dye into the money Pit and found that there was more than one flood tunnel. They tried to recreate the dye test but failed but that I believe was due to the excavations of Robert Dunfield.

No flood tunnels have been found. The flooding is explained through natural processes, as concluded by Dunfield: ""We resolved the water problem completely beyond a shadow of a doubt. Water enters through a natural course and caves typical to the limestone and gypsum of the Windsor formation."
His final stated position on this matter:
"This deceives the theory of man-made flood tunnels from which water defeated searchers for the past 170 years.""

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
No flood tunnels have been found. The flooding is explained through natural processes, as concluded by Dunfield: ""We resolved the water problem completely beyond a shadow of a doubt. Water enters through a natural course and caves typical to the limestone and gypsum of the Windsor formation."
His final stated position on this matter:
"This deceives the theory of man-made flood tunnels from which water defeated searchers for the past 170 years.""

Interesting read

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...support-a-man-made-flood-tunnel-on-oak-island

Dunfield destroyed that Island. He didn't look for evidence, he looked for treasure and when asked, he generalized it.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting read

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...support-a-man-made-flood-tunnel-on-oak-island

Dunfield destroyed that Island. He didn't look for evidence, he looked for treasure and when asked, he generalized it.

Dunfield did destroy a big chunk of OI. A good example of why treasure hunting is illegal in NS. He did look for evidence, though, including:

"... spectrographic tests on the water from the Pit and showed it was coming from the ocean, not from the sea immediately adjacent OI.

When his examination by closed circuit television of his 140-foot shaft failed to show any indication of a flood tunnel, he rode the bucket of an excavator to the bottom to confirm this personally.

His measurements of the inflow of water into the Pit from above 140 feet (only 15 gallons per minute) demonstrated that nearly all the water intake of the Pit was coming from below, not from a flood tunnel above 140 feet.

He conducted dye tests, which failed to disclose a connection to the adjacent sea."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions