ok whites guys(gals)...dfx,mxt or m6???

Yellowhouse

Jun 24, 2009
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV; MXT; Ace 250
Re: ok white's guys(gals)...dfx,mxt or m6???

The-Bone said:
Ray S ECenFL said:
Just to confuse matters :icon_scratch:, you should also look into the 6T. Whites has a video on their web page that will give you a good idea of what it looks like:

http://whiteselectronics.com/content/view/4654/497/

I use the XLT and like it very much. Very versitile unit. Not too good on the wet sand unless you istall custom program to get around the (salt) mineralization of the wet sand. Otherwise it is a great unit.

Ray S
nothing in the prizm line really does too much for me

Me either! And I've got a IV! I too am looking at a major upgrade like the DFX, etc. Whites shot themselves in the foot with Prizm and Garrett/Fisher slaughtered them in the pens with the ACE/F2 series. Yeah, they have a mini DD coil out for about $140. Considering the cost/benefit no way is it worth it. Just gonna put that money toward a better machine.

Yellowhouse

Jun 24, 2009
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV; MXT; Ace 250

And I just did! After laughably coming to a point where I wanted one of each mid-level to top brand and agonizing over choices out I broke down and bought my first quality machine........an MXT. I wish that mule train from Arizona would hurry up!

Dale Simmons

Dec 24, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Equinox 600

I traded an X-Terra 70 for an MXT. It was the best trade I ever made. I really like the MXT. I also have a Minelab Safari. However, since falling in love with the MXT, the Safari usually just hangs on the rack.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

DFX will work in the wet sand at the beach better than the rest. Go for the V3 if you can swing the price. I love mine.

Jason

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

gw1952 said:
You will not be sorry if you choose the MXT. There will be a time when you may want to hunt in the prospecting mode for deeper targets. However for finding different targets get the DFX, the tone ID on is great 195?? different tones. You are buying a high end machine use it. It does have a longer learning curve than the M6or MXT but its not hard. Start in coin or coin and jewelry mode and you will be able to advance rapidly. There are only a few settings that you need to know about and don';t worry about the rest.

You sure do not know anything about gold hunting with a detector. The MXT has Variable SAT and Super SAT. It is probably the best VLF detector on the market for nugget shooting. The DFX is not a gold detector. In addition, the MXT is a 10 second set up and go for coin shooting and I would put it up against any coin shooting detector......jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread