JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last time I found a dead body it was in a local picnic area, he didn't have any jewelery on but he did have a nearly full can of beer in his hand. The guy's mouth was shut so I ran the coil over it and got the best mid-range gold signal ever, has got to be a gold tooth I thought, no way it's not gold! Then upon prying his teeth apart I found the poor guy had choked on a pull tab. :tongue1:

You know I really hate myself for this kind of thing, but I just can't resist.

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need more info. How much jewelry and how fat is the wallet?

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ha ha ha you must be bored out of your minds but this subject is rough if you need to rob the body knock your self out but it does come back to haunt you.

Their were these people that were grave robbers for the gold and jewelry with in two years they all died mysteriously.

And as far as calling the cops you are right they want to blame you for it it just aint right so do what you want.

By chance or bad luck that you do find a body you will never forget it as long as you live.

The people that need to be locked up there isn't enough room for them all.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With the new trend to be over sensitive and offended by everything, it can be pretty easy to bait em in.

There's 'history' on Treasurenet with idiots wanting to detect graveyards, etc.
There is no doubt in my mind that there are people on here who are not 'just kiddin!!'

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff.. I live in the part of Tennessee that Tnmountains lives in... does that tell you anything!? :laughing7:

Yep you are not far at all.
They found a car in a creek called Battle creek. They pulled it out and it had a body in the trunk. When the cops were walking out of the woods they found a suit case that had washed down the creek from the high water. It also had a body in it. The cases were unrelated thy said. We speculated it was outsiders. The locals would never dump bodies where they live.

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's just common sense to search a body you find, and to look for gold teeth and such.

My question is, what if you found a body that was mostly dead? Would you wait for them to die, give them a whack with your shovel, or just search them while they were still alive?

I don't know if I could take stuff from a body that was still breathing. That just seems wrong somehow.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I'm afraid to go on vacation. There are waaaay too many bodies where you people live!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's just common sense to search a body you find, and to look for gold teeth and such. My question is, what if you found a body that was mostly dead? Would you wait for them to die, give them a whack with your shovel, or just search them while they were still alive? I don't know if I could take stuff from a body that was still breathing. That just seems wrong somehow.

:hello2: I almost Spit my Coffee out my Nose on that one :laughing7:

I Love it
mostly dead
:headbang:

is that from the Neck up or ?

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't forget that ladies now wear belly button rings!! just sayin

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ha ha ha you must be bored out of your minds but this subject is rough if you need to rob the body knock your self out but it does come back to haunt you. Their were these people that were grave robbers for the gold and jewelry with in two years they all died mysteriously. And as far as calling the cops you are right they want to blame you for it it just aint right so do what you want. By chance or bad luck that you do find a body you will never forget it as long as you live. The people that need to be locked up there isn't enough room for them all.
Karma is real. :o

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I find a body out back I check to see if their wallet is full of cash. And I check for gold teeth also (always carry chisel, hammer & GPS). Also... always check for an ATV key. I've picked up 15 extra ATV's over the years. It takes awhile to find them usually... but what the heck their FREE. Not bad for only finding 48 1/2 bodies. The dogs and vultures help a lot (gotta learn to read the signs). The GPS is for when their "mostly dead"... got to know where they'll be for later return. Picked up a few full size trucks also... but their hard to sell without the title. Got to part them out... but that's a lot of work. Well gotta fix breakfast and head out back... vultures are circling again.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I'm not sure what I would do. Probably cremate it since I don't carry a shovel.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now if it was a fellow detector with full gear and a new high end detector. Now what would I do __ _ ______ ___ ___ ___ ___:dontknow:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has actually happened to me. A buddy and I were fishing in MI on the day the ice broke enough for us to get our canoe in. We came around an outcropping at a golf course, and there he was. We named him Eddy, rowed back upstream to a pay phone and called the cops. Kirk wanted to check his wallet, I wouldn't let him. Not for moral reasons. For hygienic reasons.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has actually happened to me. A buddy and I were fishing in MI on the day the ice broke enough for us to get our canoe in. We came around an outcropping at a golf course, and there he was. We named him Eddy, rowed back upstream to a pay phone and called the cops. Kirk wanted to check his wallet, I wouldn't let him. Not for moral reasons. For hygienic reasons.

Yes I imagine it would be pretty grose even a fresh body would give me the creeps

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what I would do. Probably cremate it since I don't carry a shovel.

Why not? Do you only hunt parks or something?

I guess you're right though - it would take forever to dig a hole that big with a Lesche.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
But dead bodies have had my best finds!

Attachments

• article-2413688-1BA7468E000005DC-113_306x473.jpg
    article-2413688-1BA7468E000005DC-113_306x473.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 84