Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This has actually happened to me. A buddy and I were fishing in MI on the day the ice broke enough for us to get our canoe in. We came around an outcropping at a golf course, and there he was. We named him Eddy, rowed back upstream to a pay phone and called the cops. Kirk wanted to check his wallet, I wouldn't let him. Not for moral reasons. For hygienic reasons.

Is this Kirk? lol Z poodle 1.jpg Frank...

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has actually happened to me. A buddy and I were fishing in MI on the day the ice broke enough for us to get our canoe in. We came around an outcropping at a golf course, and there he was. We named him Eddy, rowed back upstream to a pay phone and called the cops. Kirk wanted to check his wallet, I wouldn't let him. Not for moral reasons. For hygienic reasons.

You met a corpse only 5 minutes and you already picked a name for him? Strange...

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Man .. All this talk about dead bodies, almost dead bodies, finding fingers with rings, etc. really got my juices flowing .. The more I thought about it the more I just had to get a finger .. Now I have given the finger a few times, and have gotten the finger a few times, but to be able to do both at the same time was awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_6186.JPG
    IMG_6186.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 72

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For all good movie fans in t-net land...there is a little known but really good movie on this subject, "A Simple Plan" has Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton, and Bridget Fonda.

images.jpg

Last edited:

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, that's Bill actually. Kirk has more hair. And yes I picked a name for him. Would have been rude to forego introductions.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all good movie fans in t-net land...there is a little known but really good movie on this subject, "A Simple Plan" has Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton, and Bridget Fonda. View attachment 955115

Yes I loved that movie. I know I would have taken the money also, considering it would be obviously dirty money. But would hope to be alone or have friends who are not as mentally lost as they were :laughing7:

but hey... it's a Movie, they had to have Drama :tongue3:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I loved that movie. I know I would have taken the money also, considering it would be obviously dirty money. But would hope to be alone or have friends who are not as mentally lost as they were :laughing7:

but hey... it's a Movie, they had to have Drama :tongue3:

Yes...what about the couple in Calif. that found the gold coins, I just read that the feds think they were stolen and that's why they are in such mint condition...the couple will most likely lose them all, according to the article's writer.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...what about the couple in Calif. that found the gold coins, I just read that the feds think they were stolen and that's why they are in such mint condition...the couple will most likely lose them all, according to the article's writer.

yes The story keeps getting stranger & stranger.
sure has some hang time due to the media.

I know I would have been wanting to post pics here,
but at the same time I don't like media attention

& I would not have contacted a lawyer either, they are just as bad .
the more they spread it around the more they can charge to fight for you to keep it,
when everyone comes out the woodwork.

I'd probably be sharing a selection of each date with someone in my family who
would appreciate it. & perhaps hand a few singles out to friends and family,
but keep at least a Million Dollars or more worth to sell off one by one
over my life

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On national news they say the feds have no interest in pursuing where the coins came from.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
This guy i brought home was in a church in England....

Attachments

• article-2413688-1BA74F09000005DC-957_634x419.jpg
    article-2413688-1BA74F09000005DC-957_634x419.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 69

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On national news they say the feds have no interest in pursuing where the coins came from.

There is no way the Feds are walking away with out a good chunk if not all of the that.
At lest there wasn't a dead body with it! Lol!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way the Feds are walking away with out a good chunk if not all of the that. At lest there wasn't a dead body with it! Lol!

the fed is already guaranteed to make Millions on them.

First off the finder may be due taxes on the Face Value as earned income since it is legal Tender.

Next if they sell they will have to pay taxes on Earned Income on the total cost.

The Auctioneer, who will earn a % will also pay Hefty Taxes.

the Buyer ? Are coins taxables ? If yes, The Buyer will fork out taxes.

in a few years, some of the Buyers will Re-sell, starting the process of seller, Middleman & Buyer paying
taxes on new Worth at possibly newer Higher Tax rates.

Where will it stop ? When they all disappear again :laughing7:

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found a dead body in the woods I would leave it. None of my business what it is doing there. I am under zero obligation to report it and most certainly with the way a lot of law enforcement works nowadays I would have to sit there and give a statement and prove my innocence before being allowed on my way. If I found it that means other people will find it. Let them be the ones who deal with the police.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I found a dead body in the woods I would leave it. None of my business what it is doing there. I am under zero obligation to report it and most certainly with the way a lot of law enforcement works nowadays I would have to sit there and give a statement and prove my innocence before being allowed on my way. If I found it that means other people will find it. Let them be the ones who deal with the police.

I most definitely would report... it is MY business. I'd want my child, wife, mother, father or any of my relatives reported if their missing by someone else who happens to find them. Whoever finds them does not have to be involved... just report. God Bless

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

well come on!! was he a floater? did he have a heart attack while golfing or what?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

really? you care nothing for his relatives feelings? and if it was someone close to you?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

really? you care nothing for his relatives feelings? and if it was someone close to you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread