OK, You found a dead body in the woods.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was scuba diving in a lake in miami and I found this rotting cloth sack. I took it up on shore and inside was a tin box with some bones ( very small ones). Also a load of jewelry from about the 1920's and before. Military medals from WW2 and cheap costume stuff too. There was a plastic credit card from 1960 with a mans name. This must have been one of the first credit cards.
I'm not sure what the bones were, a pet, a human, no idea.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, you find a dead body in the woods or underwater while diving. Would you remove jewelry and wallet? If you call the police as you should, you can't do it from a cell phone or home phone, so how would you notify them? Would it bother you to just leave him or her where they croaked?:icon_scratch:
:coffee2:8-) OK, my take on these strangely dark humored questions and answers... Mr. Sandman is obviously bored, or something, for starting this... Yes, some of the responses are kinda' krazy, or ?... Just clues we all must be a little krazy to respond, though a lot of interesting experiences, and some sad... Thankfully, I haven't had that unpleasant experience, but if I did: If it seemed it was an old Indian , say out in the woods, I may just respectfully re-cover it, with soil and maybe rocks, but that's depending on where it was, while wondering if it was possibly the remains of my Ancient Kin... No one waiting for closure, we all know how that turned out... A more recent body, I'd definitely not touch it, or anything on or around it, and notify the proper authority... GOD... Just Funnin' Ha! HA!

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started this thread for entertainment like I razz the ATP guys to get them to post. I never thought about gold teeth from old folks. Thanks.:occasion14:

one kick with engineer boots and there all yours
just kidding

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was scuba diving in a lake in miami and I found this rotting cloth sack. I took it up on shore and inside was a tin box with some bones ( very small ones). Also a load of jewelry from about the 1920's and before. Military medals from WW2 and cheap costume stuff too. There was a plastic credit card from 1960 with a mans name. This must have been one of the first credit cards.
I'm not sure what the bones were, a pet, a human, no idea.

This thread is funny, off and on, but seriously?

I get it that it might be wise to report a freshish body anonymously so as not to have to deal with the "authorities," but anything we find by digging or diving won't likely put us under suspicion, especially obviously old stuff.

If you find human remains, or what you suspect may be human remains, report them. Duh.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread has some way of always staying fresh. I wish the same could be said for the subjects at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things will change when the weather finally turns nice and we're all out MD'ing, and start finding the goodies the frost heaves have brought up with in detecting range. Then I probably won't even notice the non moving form!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a forth option ya know.

Which kinda depends on how long she has been there...

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just waiting to get a Jewelry spill from a Hudson river floater that jumps off of the Newburgh-Beacon/Bear Mountain/Tappan Zee Bridges, since its a pretty regular occurrence.
New York?s Grim Sign of Spring: Floating Corpses - Metropolis - WSJ
2013-NWE-0716-Body-Found-at-Riverfront.jpg

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sep 21, 2013
Excelsior, mn
Detector(s) used
2 fisher 1280x
garrett ace 250
finally bought me a garrett at pro...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nh bandit...it does not surprise me that he made that comment...look at his stats...NRA Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County....it is like a cop busting someone for weed and then smoking it themselves... he should be ashamed of himself...I hold my FFL and some gun guys are just a little too proud of themselves with attitudes...enough said...fire away!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nh bandit...it does not surprise me that he made that comment...look at his stats...NRA Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County....it is like a cop busting someone for weed and then smoking it themselves... he should be ashamed of himself...I hold my FFL and some gun guys are just a little too proud of themselves with attitudes...enough said...fire away!!!
you have to know sandman he doesn't mean anything bad by it. He is a very good guy and was prob just bored or trying to be funny. I took him the wrong way the first few times he posted on Garrett forums but have gotten to know him and seems to be a very nice fellow. I doubt he thought this post would offend anyone but it looks like it may have offended a couple people.

Last edited:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call it in straight away. I have to admit i found iron patch's reply quite humorous. :laughing7:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think its a fair question. Never really thought about it, but it could happen. I would not touch it and call the police, but anonymously from a pay phone.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think its a fair question. Never really thought about it, but it could happen. I would not touch it and call the police, but anonymously from a pay phone.
If you can find a pay phone... Scarcer than hens teeth in many parts of the country today.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you can find a pay phone... Scarcer than hens teeth in many parts of the country today.

good point. if i couldn't find one, id send a letter to the police.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
If I found gold, it would be fun to toss it in the car and bring it to my back yard in Mexico, which is around 125 yards from where I think Moctezuma's treasure is buried. Of course, if it was gold coins which said USA on it, that might complicate things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions