Old Cemetery....

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I hit an old cemetery yesterday, it's well off the beaten path and has been deserted for years. Most of the markers are from the 1800's and a few early 1900's. I was just sure I'd find silver here. I guess in a way I did as I found a silver plaque that must've fallen off of a tombstone, it read "Our Darling" , so I put it back in the ground where I found it. other than that all I found were very old shotgun shell ends, figured someone must've been squirrel hunting with all the hickory and pecan trees there.
I debated for a long time whether or not to hunt this site, I was glad I did afterwards. I just made sure to be very respectful.

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
A bad day detecting is always better than a good day doing anything else, I've never hunted a cemetery myself but I lived across the street from one for 2 years and walked it allot, very peaceful. I'm sure you had a good day

kenb

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only hunted a few and did ok a couple of times, only nunting where the cars park or the outside rim of the cemetary, NEVER around the grave sites. As long as you are respectful you will be ok.

F

Floater

Hey MV, I have been told that at some of the real old cemetary areas they wold actually have the Wake after words sort of like a picnic right near the actual burial area. You may want to see if there is such a area near it or maybe where the trees are younger than the rest. It could have been a clearing or something at one time. I appreciate the respect shown and the replacement of the plaque you found. good Work. HH

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
oh crap...remember the last time someone hunted in a cemetary, found something good, and then the frenzy that followed??!!!

N

NC Barefoot2

I highly respect someone showing respect! Thanks for returning the found item from where it came. You got class!

NC Barefoot2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread