Old Church finally shows the silver

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting an abandoned church for several months now. Until yesterday I have found clad, over 30 wheat Penny's, and one 1905 Barber. With all the Wheat's I was finding, I got kinda bummed that I couldn't find any silver.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,323789.0.html

I hit it for three hours yesterday, and I guess all the rain we have been getting has helped. Managed to get two mercs, a Rosie, three washingtons and one Kennedy half.
The most silver I have found at one time, plus my first Merc, and my first half, all in one day. Can't wait to hit it some more today.
DSCF0406.jpg

Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunny, Were you doing anything different when you found the silver? Different machine,different technique?

OP
OP
Gunny71

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same machine, but turned the sens. up just short of max, and the ground is the wettest I have ever seen it. I was also going super slow, and I also dug everything, which I don't normally do. Most of the silver was masked, or almost masked by trash. Had to empty my trash pouch twice.
I was in a totally different area behind the church, one I haven't hunted before because it was overgrown with waist high brush. The owner shredded the area a couple of days ago. I hit it again this morning for about an hour, but only found a couple of wheat's and .75 in clad. :dontknow:
DSCF0390.jpg

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome site :o and Awesome finds, congrats on the firsts !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread