Old Dude in AZ, a newbie!!

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old is old? I started in 1959. Welcome. My advice is to find a place or store where you can actually hold and look at detectors. You can then buy where every you want. Too often people buy from a picture and a review before finding out they don't like the way the MD feels in their hands. Balance is so important.

OP
OP
R

rocmoc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2013
Southern Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is old? I started in 1959. Welcome. My advice is to find a place or store where you can actually hold and look at detectors. You can then buy where every you want. Too often people buy from a picture and a review before finding out they don't like the way the MD feels in their hands. Balance is so important.

Agree, going to Kellyco's home in Florida next week to get the feel of the White's Goldmaster GMT & Fisher Gold Bug 2. The feel / swing of the weight is my first concern. I posted in the Metal Detector section asking for feedback of the two.

Thanks, rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York, and Congress, Arizona. Also check out the Teknetics G2, and Tesoro Lobo Super Traq!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread