Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Park Hunt (Gold) updated

Went out today to hit the Old Park again today. I was with a new detecting buddy. He just got his first detector yesterday and I was giving him some tips. He was following me around so when I got a good tone I wanted him to hear what to listen for in a good tone. The area we were hunting was a area that several good detectorist have gone over the past few weeks including me. I got a low tone that was very iffy. I thought it might be a pull-tab or a nickel. I decided to dig it and am I glad I did. It turned out to be a 32nd Degree Mason Pendant from I believe is from about 1880's. This is known by the owners name which is engraved inside. My buddy heard me calling out saying I found gold. He just chuckled and thought I was joking at first till he looked at my face. He came over and could not believe it's condition. I am still shaking over it. Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 1,580
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 1,584
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 1,755
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited:
Upvote 70

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspirational training session for the new detectorist i can imagine. Wow...super find really! Congrats! ;)

Sobo

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030, Omega 8500, AT Pro, Ace 150, Explorer XS, Explorer SE / Sunray Probe, Bounter Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's quite a find, always been fascinated by the Free Masons. Really any secret society I guess is intriguing, but they are one of the older ones with so much history.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspirational training session for the new detectorist i can imagine. Wow...super find really! Congrats! ;)

Yes it was a inspirational training session. The detectorist that was with me has replied to this post several times. He goes by Lawrence 1MD

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I allowed to vote more than once for Banner for this find? If so, I will continue to advocate strongly for this find to be up top!

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I allowed to vote more than once for Banner for this find? If so, I will continue to advocate strongly for this find to be up top!

Thanks oxbowbarefoot. HH my friend.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission for another large home-site in this area. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know this is very unique find myself and thought for sure it would be a banner find. I know the locals were very excited about this find due to the amount of local influence this family had in our county. The local museum wanted to buy it, but I decided to sell it to the owner's family member instead. I want to thank everyone for the likes and comments. HH

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang phone I feel honored to see a piece of Masonic history and also I have a great respect for you for contacting the family to have it returned where it belongs I just lost a brother mason who was also my mentor that has given me a bunch of old Masonic pins and I treasure them I know how the nephew feels getting that back

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang phone I feel honored to see a piece of Masonic history and also I have a great respect for you for contacting the family to have it returned where it belongs I just lost a brother mason who was also my mentor that has given me a bunch of old Masonic pins and I treasure them I know how the nephew feels getting that back

Thanks ironman. I ran into the great-nephew again on Thursday Night. We talked a lot about this piece and the history behind it. His family are very grateful to have this back in the family. Since me finding it I have found a lot of info about this man. He was quite a well know person in politics also.

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting on a new thread... I'm imagining it to be "hunt at 1900's house"or "new access to pre 1900's ruines". Hint hint

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check this out

Vintage Tri-Fold 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Masonic Fob - 14k Yellow Gold Masons

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting on a new thread... I'm imagining it to be "hunt at 1900's house"or "new access to pre 1900's ruines". Hint hint

Funny MD. Get your SE Pro first and I will take you out this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread