old parts from an 1895 suppository machine!

Comanche Todd

Jan 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM002376.jpg

IM002374.jpg

these old parts were found buried under an old pharmacy in Alameda, Ca

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26_pill_machine.jpg

this is how the suppository machine looks completely assembled, notice I have the same parts as shown in photo

Suppositories...

with the intravenous fluids and good antiemetics not available, suppositories were frequently prescribed, shown is a suppository machine #3 made by Whitall & Tatum [1895] containing various sized attachments, rectal and vaginal presses for making the proper sized suppositories are also seen here.

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tourezrick said:
Gotta wonder if somewhere there isn't someone saying, "What ever became of Grampa's old suppository press?". Could happen. Guess you could use the thing to make homade 'Slim Jims'. Errr, maybe not

Tourezrick
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Comanche Todd

Comanche Todd

Jan 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TokenFinder said:
texan connection said:
OOHHH ther is def. a great Joke in here somwhere, just cant quite put my finger on it.
LMAO

Where do you suppose-itory they put the one made with the middle die?

my guess is the press with the 3 small holes is for making rectal suppositiries? and the press with the large hole is for making vaginal suppositories for curing ailments like women's yeast infections ???

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
If you ask me that wouldnt be a treatment that would be a punishment......my butt is puckering just looking at that thing.......can you say ouch...lol....that has to be one of the most unusual finds i have seen in a while....
happy hunting
Lone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread