omg I think I get the point (didnt find anything or did I)

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
As you know in the past I may have posted a couple of cr@ppo post lol :D

I was out tonight freezing cold it was getting dark so packing up I thought I would have just one more swing.

Got a good repeatable signal digging down into the sand about 6inch's I recovered a piece of scrap metal.

Then it hit me or at least I think it did it wasn't so much what I recovered but the skill and knowledge I had acquired over two days to be that exact.

It was a golden moment an insight into why we do this hobby for the previous two days my back had ached and so had my arms.

Now don't get me wrong silver and gold are great a bonus if you will but with this tiny bit of scrap metal I was more than happy.

Just wondering if any of you folk ever feel the same :)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
As long as I am detecing metal and digging it I am doing something right. Who cares if the metal is valuable or not!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
I think maybe I'm just a clean freak and cant stand the thought of all that stuff in the ground just laying there un-organized!! ;D ;D...............NAAAAAA...I just like to dig shhhhhhtuff up. 8)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
strike it rich said:
Now don't get me wrong silver and gold are great a bonus if you will but with this tiny bit of scrap metal I was more than happy.

You now have the addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it GREAT !!!! ;D ;D ;D

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Be careful what you call junk. I don't know how many times I've been studying civil war relics or been in an antique store and thought to myself --- so thats what that thing was AFTER I had already tossed it thinking it was garbage. I used to go to the river/lake and fish spend ton's of money on boats, tackle, rod & reels, gas, drinks and food and fish feverishly all day and not catch a blame thing. Now Dirt Fishing is a different story your always gonna catch something. Sometimes you throw em back ie Trash or you catch a keeper. The worst day Dirt Fishing your gonna catch something ;D ;D

Coin Shooter

Jan 12, 2008
Flowood Mississippi
First I gave up hunting then fishing and have migrated more and more into detecting, its less trouble and more fun. I have found a few small rings, a few silver dimes, and fair amount of clad, all of which could easily be buried under the mountain of trash that was dug to get to the good stuff. Maybe it’s not logical but I love it more than ever. :)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I understand what you mean. Even when it's junk, I like digging the target just to see what in that particular spot caused the detector to beep. Sometimes it's a goodie, sometimes not so good, but I enjoy it anyway.
HH
Bill

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Great insight!

Yes, you will have many more such Eureka moments.
You will come face to face with animals, earthworms,
trees, geological formations, friendly people, weather patterns,
rocks, minerals, birds - all of these are treasure too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread