OMG its real!!! 1 carat $4,000 - $5,000 retail

Charles (Upstate NY)

Jun 5, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer
:o I thought this ring deserved an encore. As some of you know I dug this ring at the beach last night. This morning I took it down to a coin/jewelry shop near my house that buys diamonds.

The owner was eyeballing this thing pretty serious while his diamond tester warmed up. He said this is going to test real. I looked at the stone with a 30x scope last night and could find no carbon specs, it was so clear I really thought it might be fake. Finally he hit it with the tester and it confirmed his assessment, its real good lord!

I asked him what he thougt it was worth, he checked the color quick and said $4,000-$5,000 retail. $2,500-$3,000 is what he would pay. Given the type of establishment I was at a second opinion is probably in order but I was happy with that.

drc1.jpg

drc2.jpg

drc4.jpg

dr1.jpg

dr3.jpg

Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG awesome....

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
That's amazing. I work at a coin and jewelry store, and people sell us rings everyday. But rarely, very rarely, do I see a ring such as yours. Truly, an incredible find. Congratulations!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charles you are a lucky son-of-a-gun! But then I find the 'luckiest'
are usually the most skilled with their machine and most persistent.
That's a great find!
Know of a guy who snagged a 30K ring in Hamptons but
I've never had much luck with rings. Congrats! :)

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Well now I guess you can say to all the people whoever ho hummed your detecting hobby...

TOLD YA SO!!!!

Excellent find mate!

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D
Wow!!!! Charles that is, I don't think I can add anything to what I think. I just want to find a ring like that and I can only say Wow! A few months ago someone posted information on selling rings and why there is a difference in what a ring is worth and what a jewelery would pay for the ring. I wish I knew how to find that post as it had a lot of good information in it too. Keep up the good work and Congratz on that awesome ring!!

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I think that's pretty much the archetype of the ring that all of us want to find.

Nice, neat-looking, yooge-stone diamond
..that'll pay for 3 high-end detectors.

WTG!!

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
soar697877 said:
Anyone check the local newspapers in the area it was found?

Looking for say, mad husbands abusing wives, etc? [for losing it]...that is alot of money,

I sure hope the lady that lost that one is ok & such. I guess it would be hard to prove a

ring like that is yours though, no initials, etc...However, not to bust the bubble, but I have

heard that nowadys, it is more common place for a gemologist to somehow put an invisible

marking, (like a serial number) into/onto the stone, for security purposes. Then if lost or

stolen, and someone brings it to a legit gemologist, that gemologist will check the number

against known stolen/lost numbers in a central database....and then guess what?

Yup, you lose the diamond, but feel good for being able to give it back to a rightful owner.

Could be that she did not lose it, but threw it away. You know the saying, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Just a thought.

Still a spectacular find. Congratulations. :hello2:

Ray S

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to agree with The Gemologist A flawless rock that big is worth at least $8k wholesale do not sell for $3k get it a written appraisal or assayed. Get it polished up nice, sell it at private auction for much more. Likely its an antique too so that adds a good amount to the price as well.

Nice find, WTG !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing!!! I have yet to find even a ring with a diamond flake.LOL Super nice! CONGRATS!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the few finds I could sell :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yikkie Skippie!

I hope all the NY Charlies are in for such luck! :hello2:

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Congrats on the treasure...

...this is why we all do what we do! One day I'd like to find a big solitaire like that to add to my collection.

What a beautiful find. Maybe this summer... :)

aj

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions