One Merc, one phone booth and one car!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Went detecting with a few Tneters a couple of weeks back. The Hunter, Baggins and Fu Man Stu. We went to a secluded area along the Trinity river that was used as a day long picnic/getaway area for Dallas residents 1894-1911 or there abouts. We didn't find the exact spot but we did make some odd finds. First good hit I had was this Merc 1943. About 6 feet away I got an odd hit that bounced around but covered a big area. It was only about five feet from the cliff looking over the river. I started to pass on it then dug it anyway. About 10 inches down I hit a plastic bag and something hard in it. I said man if this is a dead animal somebody buried..... Anyway I finally got the bag out of the ground. It was actually two plastic bags one inside the other. I started to dump the contents onto the ground and first out fell a purplish wax statue I think is supposed to be a woman, then 5 jars fall out of the bag. The were all wrapped in aluminum foil and then had tape around them. I thought OK, this is a little weird. The foil must have been on the bottles quite awhile because you couldn't peel it off and nobody actually wanted to except me. So I took my digger and scraped the first jar. It looked like strawberry jelly. I scraped the next jar and it looked like some kind of dark paste, then the next one had some kind of black or gray liquid with a bunch of junk floating around it when I shook it that I did not recognize. I didn't look at the last two. I put them back in the plastic bag, dropped them back in the hole and covered them up. But I did keep the wax statue even though it was a little spooky looking. I told a guy at work about the wax statue and he said with a straight face, man those people in that neighborhood practice voodo and black magic stuff. We went back to the parking area when we were about done. The Hunter said he had went the other direction along the river and saw a car on the river bank about 30-40 feet straight down the cliff along the river so I went to check it out. The we noticed it looked like a road used to run along the river at that point but had small trees and brush grown up on it. Took a little walk that way and found this phone booth. When I got home I told my wife about the day and before I could say do you want to see the statue, she says, you didn't bring it home with you did you? I showed it to her but she said it was spooky and was not coming in the house! We didn't find the sweet spot but it is close and we eliminated a big area.

Attachments

• P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,746
  • P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,750
  • P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,728
  • P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,726
  • P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,726
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I CERTAINLY wouldn't be looking for CLAD in the car! You don't want your fingerprints on it--and for all you know, there's a body inside it. How far did it tumble down the embankment? Any sign from up top that it drove off a road? By the way--I'm undecided about the mojo thing, but you did say that you made your only good find that day BEFORE digging that thing up.

-Buckleboy

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
This LA hunt is sounding more and more interesting all the time....I might just have to sign on to see what happens. I have visions now of 30 people waving metal detectors over their heads and dancing in the firelight while cats are put in bags to get rid of evil spirits.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Noodle said:
WSD??? Just where do you think he's gonna get the cat to perform this mojodefuser?? >:( :o You better pick one up along the way 'cuz he ain't using mine! ::)

Come on,Noodle.It's not like the cat will be gone,he'll always be hanging around.Charlie guarantees his exorcisms.It worked at his house!

OP
OP
Tin Nugget

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
BuckleBoy said:
I CERTAINLY wouldn't be looking for CLAD in the car! You don't want your fingerprints on it--and for all you know, there's a body inside it. How far did it tumble down the embankment? Any sign from up top that it drove off a road? By the way--I'm undecided about the mojo thing, but you did say that you made your only good find that day BEFORE digging that thing up.

-Buckleboy

Its about 30 feet down and steep. The car is out from the drop off about 20 feet. It sure looks to me like someone drove it off or jammed the gas pedal down and let it go by itself. It also looks like it was on fire and the grass area at the top of the drop off is burnt as well. When I get home tonight I will attach a maps.live to this post that shows the area even though I am not done with the area and will probably give the location away, but I can share.

Iunno

Dec 26, 2007
Gypsyheart said:
Cinder2007 said:
Gypsyheart said:
Montana Jim said:
I'm not sure whether to laugh... or laugh really hard?

You wont be laughing if Tin Nugget sends that idol to you.......there are some things on Earth you men just are not able to understand........The LaLa sisterhood are brought up with this knowledge passed down generation to generation....its a gift to women....
Now that's down right sexist. :P

I like to think of myself as a very openminded person.

But i do need some proof before i belive anything.
I don't mean to insult you or anythin so if i did. Sorry. D:

Oh you didnt insult me....No...not at all....nope...not at all.............but if your hair starts to fall out...dont blame the the Sisterhood......
Well have i got a surprise for you!
I"M ALREADY BALD!
(not really :P)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
digger_girl said:
Cinder2007 said:
Gypsyheart said:
Montana Jim said:

You wont be laughing if Tin Nugget sends that idol to you.......there are some things on Earth you men just are not able to understand........The LaLa sisterhood are brought up with this knowledge passed down generation to generation....its a gift to women....

It may be sexist, but it's still true. ;D
Face it, we women are blessed with knowledge that men will never fully understand. ;)

;D ;D :-* ;D ;D

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Gypsyheart said:
Cinder2007 said:
Gypsyheart said:
Montana Jim said:

Oh you didnt insult me....No...not at all....nope...not at all.............but if your hair starts to fall out...dont blame the the Sisterhood......

It wasn't me... !!! Nope, not me at all... ;D

Noodle said:
"...mojodefuser..."

Noodle - awesome word coinage! I love it!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she comes to the hunt she will get plenty of sunshine--and pleny to eat and drink! She will be nice and healthy!

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That round thing with a hole in looks like a cremitory tag dude.
if it has a number on it you can bet it is from someones resting place and maby should be returned.
Know Whats Meen.....
but thats up to you
Regards Ima

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
mental granny said:
If she comes to the hunt she will get plenty of sunshine--and pleny to eat and drink! She will be nice and healthy!

Gawd, I hope so! She's gone downhill about 100 pounds, and that gray color doesn't do a THING for her! :P :-\

remtime

Dec 6, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
i have been told to throw the object into running water (a river or stream) and say in the name of Jesus Christ three times.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
I understand that the witches -scratch that-the sisterhood of tnet are preparing to tackle this mojo headon for the benefit of all the hunters.Those that will be sacrificed to be named later.Don't forget to bring your ouija board .

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful there Daddy, we ladies are very serious :P hic! We will take care of everything!

And no ouji boards those huh uh! Don't like them!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
When SOMEONE sobers up,maybe they can figure a way to move all this thread over to the 'hunt' thread so that it is not overlooked.The mojo will really get bad if that happens.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daddy as long as TN took the idol back I think he'll be ok!

We shall see, but don't know how the weather is where hes at he might not have made it this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread