One Merc, one phone booth and one car!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Went detecting with a few Tneters a couple of weeks back. The Hunter, Baggins and Fu Man Stu. We went to a secluded area along the Trinity river that was used as a day long picnic/getaway area for Dallas residents 1894-1911 or there abouts. We didn't find the exact spot but we did make some odd finds. First good hit I had was this Merc 1943. About 6 feet away I got an odd hit that bounced around but covered a big area. It was only about five feet from the cliff looking over the river. I started to pass on it then dug it anyway. About 10 inches down I hit a plastic bag and something hard in it. I said man if this is a dead animal somebody buried..... Anyway I finally got the bag out of the ground. It was actually two plastic bags one inside the other. I started to dump the contents onto the ground and first out fell a purplish wax statue I think is supposed to be a woman, then 5 jars fall out of the bag. The were all wrapped in aluminum foil and then had tape around them. I thought OK, this is a little weird. The foil must have been on the bottles quite awhile because you couldn't peel it off and nobody actually wanted to except me. So I took my digger and scraped the first jar. It looked like strawberry jelly. I scraped the next jar and it looked like some kind of dark paste, then the next one had some kind of black or gray liquid with a bunch of junk floating around it when I shook it that I did not recognize. I didn't look at the last two. I put them back in the plastic bag, dropped them back in the hole and covered them up. But I did keep the wax statue even though it was a little spooky looking. I told a guy at work about the wax statue and he said with a straight face, man those people in that neighborhood practice voodo and black magic stuff. We went back to the parking area when we were about done. The Hunter said he had went the other direction along the river and saw a car on the river bank about 30-40 feet straight down the cliff along the river so I went to check it out. The we noticed it looked like a road used to run along the river at that point but had small trees and brush grown up on it. Took a little walk that way and found this phone booth. When I got home I told my wife about the day and before I could say do you want to see the statue, she says, you didn't bring it home with you did you? I showed it to her but she said it was spooky and was not coming in the house! We didn't find the sweet spot but it is close and we eliminated a big area.

Attachments

• P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    P1010124_0124_124.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,747
  • P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    P1010113_0113_113.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,751
  • P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    P1010127_0127_127.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,728
  • P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    P1010121_0121_121.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,723
  • P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    P1010120_0120_120.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,729
  • P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    P1010116_0116_116.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,727
  • P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    P1010139_0139_139.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,727
Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I think you should stand in your yard, get some hedge trimmers... and cut that thing into little piece while screaming and laughing in a maniacal manner... wearing only a pair of speedos (black socks optional).

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow Tin!!

I haven't been following this thread as close as I should have. . . NO you-tubes or pics when you return that object to it's rightful place. . . this all must be done with the utmost of respect and innocence.

(and also what Gypsy said too)

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Montana Jim said:
I think you should stand in your yard, get some hedge trimmers... and cut that thing into little piece while screaming and laughing in a maniacal manner... wearing only a pair of speedos (black socks optional).

ROTFLMFAO

Or you could drill a small hole all the way through it place and candle wick in the hole, then you have a very unique candle to eat dinner by.
I would love to see to see a vid of the jars getting dug up and opened to see whats inside. ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Ok Tin...a black wax figure in the shape of a human means harm and revenge. Although the ritual that was placed on the idol may not initially been intended for you....digging it up may have transferred the danger to you. Please put it back.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:

That's OK just as long as you aren't wearing the sandals with the black sock, Tin. :D Make sure you film that event as well.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hope this helps.....A little Gypsy magic

Every home can benefit from protection. This spell employs one of nature’s sturdiest objects, a stone. Choose a plain rock at least as big as your fist. Set it on your altar between a bowl of salt and a bowl of water. Behind these, light a black candle.

Sprinkle the stone with salt, saying:
“I consecrate this stone with the purifying power of salt.”
Sprinkle it with water, saying:
“I consecrate this stone with the cleansing power of water.”
Pass it over the flame, saying:
“I consecrate this stone with the attraction of flame to moth.”

Finally, trace the image of an eye on the stone with your finger, and say:

To watch and guard around my home,
I invoke the strength of stone.
All evil thoughts be drawn within:
Strike here and leave me alone!

Blow out the candle; empty the salt and water outside. Keep the rock near your door. Once a month, when the moon is new, bring the stone indoors. With an attitude of gratitude, lovingly wash the stone in warm soapy water to cleanse it, rinse it in warm salt water to purify it, and then with your finger retrace the eye on the stone and repeat the invocation. Return the stone to it's place by the door.

WilliamBoyd

Sep 22, 2007
California
Watch out!

If a little man shows up,
he might look like Walter Huston,
claims to know where there is a cache of old gold coins,
and just wants you to sign a document first...

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Merc! On another note, I wonder if the car may have been used in a crime??? ??? ::)

OP
OP
Tin Nugget

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Montana Jim said:

I only wear my speedos at the pool ;D

Iunno

Dec 26, 2007
Gypsyheart. Does that stuff really work? It just seems a little to good to be true. I mean i have an opened mind and everything, but i'd like a little more evidence before i belive something.
I believe in esp and the power of the brain can do wonderful things, because there have been tests to prove it. Just a bit more insight is all im asking.

And about the mojo doll. I think it deserves a name. I like the name mojo.
And why would filming a doll be disrespectful? I'm not going to respect anyone who put a "death spell" on another person. And if i'm going to get bad luck for that, then so be it.

I would get rid of it though. It looks like it's screaming. It's spooky.

OP
OP
Tin Nugget

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
mental granny said:
You really wear a speedo ????

Hey are you planning on wearing it to the LBH??? :D

No, could never bring myself to wear one and if I tried now, well, I don't think I have enough butt left to hold them up. I think it's kind of flattened over time. I don't remember it happening. Woke up one day and said hey , where did my butt go......ooooooooo there it is, just lower than it used to be. ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tin Nugget said:
mental granny said:
You really wear a speedo ????

Hey are you planning on wearing it to the LBH??? :D

No, could never bring myself to wear one and if I tried now, well, I don't think I have enough butt left to hold them up. I think it's kind of flattened over time. I don't remember it happening. Woke up one day and said hey , where did my butt go......ooooooooo there it is, just lower than it used to be. ;D

Uh huh....ScoobyDoo and saggy too. LOL

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nana40 said:
roswellborn said:
I was just thinkin' here...

If you showed up in Louisiana with that thing, maybe it would/could "call" the bad mojo on Noodle's cousin's property. Good for the cousin's sake, not so hot for whoever's holding onto the "thing," though...

I'm just sayin'

Nan :-X

OH NO ROS! Don't encourage him to bring that thing to the hunt! He's already disturbed the evil spirits in Texas! Don't bring it to LA, Tin! Why, it's already gonna take us sister's all night friday night to rid him of the possible spell he's done gone and got! Besides that..do we have enough gin to last on into Saturday night?

GO BURY THAT THING BACK, TIN!!!!!

Noooo, I was tryin to point out the uh, benefit(s) of leaving the thing elsewhere (preferably where he found it!). that last phrase in the 1st paragraph - "not so hot for whoever is holding onto it" - see? (we need a halo'd smiley!)

me

edited to put my comments *outside* of the 'quote box' (I goofed - sue me)

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Hey Tin Nugget I notice your staying in the Days Inn that is the same place I am staying at LBH. Would you mind terribly going over and letting the LaLa girls perform the exorcism prior to checking in. I think it would be best for all staying in that hotel.
If it is a problem please PM me so I will have plenty of time to change hotels. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread