oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out early today to try and beat the coming rain that was forecast for the afternoon, but the rain curtailed the hunt down to a couple of hours. Not before l found my 5th Roman silver of the year, but l think the best one! First one l have found of the Civil War of 69AD.
RIC Civil war

Thanks for looking. Hutch. see number 11 on link.

Attachments

• w836.jpg
    w836.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 207
  • w837.jpg
    w837.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 11

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must admit my faithful T2 warned me to look, as it bleeped the right sound. on looking closely l could see the grey disc.(20mm) . And yes l have to agree the recent heavy rains had helped. l have like you on several occasions in the past found other coins on the surface, but usually the detector gives a signal first. Every time l look at the coin l get to like it more and more. !!

Yes, its an amazing coin. It reminds me of my best hammered Henry I (only 1 recorded) which was laying on the top. I looked down & saw a small cross, & didn't really realise what it was....(always a good sign).
Dad this year got a 'eyes only' Celtic Bronze Coin; which is near impossible to repeat. Its all about the experience, & this has it all, rarity, mystery, & turns up on top!

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, its an amazing coin. It reminds me of my best hammered Henry I (only 1 recorded) which was laying on the top. I looked down & saw a small cross, & didn't really realise what it was....(always a good sign).
Dad this year got a 'eyes only' Celtic Bronze Coin; which is near impossible to repeat. Its all about the experience, & this has it all, rarity, mystery, & turns up on top!

That's what this pastime is all about, mysteries and history. by the way l have found a similar coin on line here's a link. what do you think? Hutch.
civil war 69AD

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hutch,

Looks like a pretty good match to my eye.....some pretty serious coin if that's the version.

Regards + HH

Bill

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what this pastime is all about, mysteries and history. by the way l have found a similar coin on line here's a link. what do you think? Hutch.
civil war 69AD

The Legend looks right, but its a different looking head, not sure if this matters with this type, I would need Dad to check the books again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions