ORDINANCE NO. 1545 now bans digging of "unsafe" holes on Cocoa beach !!

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORDINANCE NO. 1545 now bans digging of "unsafe" holes on Cocoa beach !!

They are hiring 10 rangers to patrol the beaches. If a ranger deems you digging an "unsafe hole" you can be fined.

I really dont think they have Metal Detectorist in mind, but an overzealous ranger could cause you grief. Just making everyone aware of the new ordinace. Please fill your holes !!!!

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...uly-Cocoa-Beach?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

http://cocoabeach.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=&event_id=108&meta_id=64719

Upvote 0

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: ORDINANCE NO. 1545 now bans digging of "unsafe" holes on Cocoa beach !!

Good thing Armidillo's and Badgers don't come to the beach. Hole Police are going after the beach go'ers who dig a basin size hole for their kids to play in. They should restrict big hole digging in the wet sand area so when high tide come in, bye bye hole. I think its a waste of tax payers money. :angry5:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:

I'm wondering if this is aimed more at drunks, rather than kids/families digging big holes?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

People have been digging holes on the beach for a hundred years...now we have hole police...Im ashamed of what we have become.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can Slaw said:
seapro1 said:
I have been hunting Cocoa Beach for a long time I have never fell into a unsafe hole, although I do fill in extremly deep holes if I run across one. I don't see the need for unsafe hole police!!!! maybe if people are falling into these at night they need to carry a flashlight

It looks like your Beach Officials don't agree with you you about carrying a flashlight. You now have "hole police" and fines for those that leave holes, not those that don't carry flashlights.

We need your law on this coast. I was at the beach at first light the other morning and what the spring breakers has done to the beach the day before was sickening. It looked like a scene from a WWII combat movie. That will cost a few dollars to have it ready for the that days group of beach goers. I don't think flashlights would fix that mess :laughing7:
We didnt need hole police before, and we dont need them now. Canslaw, you like the idea so much, maybe you can get a job being a Jr hole police and write tickets while your detecting. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen college age students digging swimming pool size holes with shovels at the beach. If you fill your holes there should be no issues....

Now dont let a certain un-named person see this thread, his idea was to dig a 6ft deep square hole using a giant plexiglass box to keep the sand out so he could find all the gold...... :laughing7: But then again he also wanted to use a shark cage to hunt in the waist deep water to protect him from the sharks....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
I have seen college age students digging swimming pool size holes with shovels at the beach. If you fill your holes there should be no issues....

Now dont let a certain un-named person see this thread, his idea was to dig a 6ft deep square hole using a giant plexiglass box to keep the sand out so he could find all the gold...... :laughing7: But then again he also wanted to use a shark cage to hunt in the waist deep water to protect him from the sharks....
I miss OverkillOverkill. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:

lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
seapro1 said:
I have been hunting Cocoa Beach for a long time I have never fell into a unsafe hole, although I do fill in extremly deep holes if I run across one. I don't see the need for unsafe hole police!!!! maybe if people are falling into these at night they need to carry a flashlight

It looks like your Beach Officials don't agree with you you about carrying a flashlight. You now have "hole police" and fines for those that leave holes, not those that don't carry flashlights.

We need your law on this coast. I was at the beach at first light the other morning and what the spring breakers has done to the beach the day before was sickening. It looked like a scene from a WWII combat movie. That will cost a few dollars to have it ready for the that days group of beach goers. I don't think flashlights would fix that mess :laughing7:
We didnt need hole police before, and we dont need them now. Canslaw, you like the idea so much, maybe you can get a job being a Jr hole police and write tickets while your detecting. :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

I won't have to. ;D On the evening news: our local Sheriff Dept. Beach Patrol wrote 34 citations today with two arrest for under age drinking. Two of the 34 citation were for destruction of "public property". I guess I am not alone that people don't want our beaches looking like a war zone.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
seapro1 said:

I won't have to. ;D On the evening news: our local Sheriff Dept. Beach Patrol wrote 34 citations today with two arrest for under age drinking. Two of the 34 citation were for destruction of "public property". I guess I am not alone that people don't want our beaches looking like a war zone.
They have to keep the rowdy crowd under control...I just hope they didnt bust someone for building a sandcastle. :dontknow:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:

lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
seapro1 said:

They have to keep the rowdy crowd under control...I just hope they didnt bust someone for building a sandcastle. :dontknow:

That was my whole point and so was it of Coco Beach for passing the ordnance...so what is your problem? Do you like trashed beaches??

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
lookindown said:
Can Slaw said:
seapro1 said:

That was my whole point and so was it of Coco Beach for passing the ordnance...so what is your problem? Do you like trashed beaches??
Like I said before...we never needed hole police before and we dont need them now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread