USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

I have planed with Jeffro that we will go visit the Spectrum Mine in Oregon May 2nd and go for some Sunstones.... The Spectrum mine have 1st Day free 2nd day 50$ ... i hope that more people will join us and have some fun tracking down some Sunstones.

The mine is open May 1st to November 1st

Lets be some of the first to dig the mine this year

Tools needed ..
Shovel
Sifter 1/4 - 1/2 inch holes
Gloves
Stone pick
5 gallon Bucket
Water
And lots of energy and food

Main thing is to have fun

Posted in Events http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,150732.0.html

USTiger

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Oregon Sunstone Trip

Jeffro said:
I'm there!

Look forward to it Tiger- 8)
Jeffro yep i knew i could count on you and your son ..

I called Spectrum mines today and they confirmed they open may 1st and that first day is free no matter hom many we are... so come on all lets have a fun field day together ..

USTiger

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A Little information about the Oregon Sunstone....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oregon Sunstone are comprised of the mineral feldspar and were formed through volcanic action. Feldspar crystals are found in several locations throughout the globe. The pink schiller, red, bi-colored and green varieties are currently found only in Oregon.

Of the colored varieties, pink schiller is the most common. Red is next in rarity. Green and multi-colored stones are very rare. Exceptionally rare is a blue-green variety.

These are rare and beautiful stones.

The Oregon Sunstone was made the official Oregon State Gemstone in 1987. With a hardness of 6.2-7.5 on the mohs scale. Oregon Sunstone Jewelery and Sunstone gemstones are an excellent investment. Oregon Sunstones are often referred to as the "Oregon Diamond".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

USTiger

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Here are a few David and I got last year for those that did not see them! It is going to be great fun and would love to have more folks there!

Attachments

• 20may2007 006.jpg
    20may2007 006.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 294
  • sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 299
  • sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 290
  • sunstonetrip 011.jpg
    sunstonetrip 011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 290
  • sunstonetrip 011.jpg
    sunstonetrip 011.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 272
  • sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 277
  • sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    sunstonetrip 009.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 20may2007 006.jpg
    20may2007 006.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 267

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon

Yes bring lots of water and food. You are 25 miles from the nearest store and the roads are dusty and bumpy. Best to bring a extra container with a little water so you can soak your sunstones. :thumbsup:. does everyone know the way. It is faster if you go towards Burns and hit 395 to Lakeveiw and turn on Hogback Rd.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very nice stones there Cynangyl now i am even more eager to go

Look forward to meet you and David and Jeffro

drywalldave said:
Yes bring lots of water and food. You are 25 miles from the nearest store and the roads are dusty and bumpy. Best to bring a extra container with a little water so you can soak your sunstones. :thumbsup:. does everyone know the way. It is faster if you go towards Burns and hit 395 to Lakeveiw and turn on Hogback Rd.

Are you coming Drywalldave ?? are you The David lol ??

USTiger

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer

This sounds great. I would love to join all of you on this weekend. Sounds like to much fun, also this is a good time before it gets to hot down there.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Love the fire in that first pic Cyn! Hopefully we can get some that are pure color!

Bo's (Tiger's) got a good cutter lined up, you may wanna check with him on getting some cut. :)

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wicked Wanda said:
This sounds great. I would love to join all of you on this weekend. Sounds like to much fun, also this is a good time before it gets to hot down there.

Wicked Wanda your most welcome to join us .. we meet up at the mine Friday May 2nd at 8.30 am 30 minutes before the mine opens.. then we can all say hi to each other before we start the madness..

USTiger

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi all,
Definately follow Drywalldaves directions. Last time we were there we drove in off Hog Back and left towards the North East to Lake Abert. Bad decision!
That road is/was a tire shredder. Passed a guy hauling a single axle camp trailer and that trailer looked like a rowboat in 30 foot seas! :o

That was 5 years ago but a little FYI for everyone.

Have fun
Steve

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

USTiger said:
very nice stones there Cynangyl now i am even more eager to go

Look forward to meet you and David and Jeffro

drywalldave said:

Are you coming Drywalldave ?? are you The David lol ??

USTiger

Yep! That is THE David! lol As many times as we have driven into that area we finally got it down to an art! :wink:

Wicked Wanda said:

Wooooohoooooo We can carpool and boy oh boy are we going to have fun!! You guys will just love Wanda!

Jeffro said:
Love the fire in that first pic Cyn! Hopefully we can get some that are pure color!

Bo's (Tiger's) got a good cutter lined up, you may wanna check with him on getting some cut. :)

Cool deal....maybe after all this time we will actually get a few cut instead of just staring at them and talking about it! lol I would love to see how that red would turn out! 'Sides.....I wanna wear atleast one! :love4:

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon

Just a quick question, is this at the main Spectrum mine or is it at their free dig area at the start of the Sunstone area around there? Because their free dig area is mighty small?
Just a question. Would be nice to know?. But still the free dig area is deep and you are able to get down there good. Wanda you and Mike are more than welcome to ride with us.
And is this a one day thing or over a couple days?

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

drywalldave said:
Just a quick question, is this at the main Spectrum mine or is it at their free dig area at the start of the Sunstone area around there? Because their free dig area is mighty small?
Just a question. Would be nice to know?. But still the free dig area is deep and you are able to get down there good. Wanda you and Mike are more than welcome to ride with us.
And is this a one day thing or over a couple days?

It is the free dig area.. it is the only area i know of.. but for a first timer like me it will be fine.. and on the other hand i dont have money to pay for digging other place.. was hard enough to scrape together for a 300 mile drive hehe

USTiger

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
This trip will just be one day- Tiger has to get back for work Saturday. I wouldn't mind staying an extra day myself, but we're carpooling also. :)

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Man, sounds like a blast! Not sure if I'd be able to break away from work, but would another valley dweller be okay?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread