Oregon Tnet Campout Your invited

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We saw LOTS of scoots this weekend! Gorgeous weather for being out riding....saw the most beautiful HD trike too! oh dear goodness made me want one even more! lol And yeah....we ate REAL good...then on way back stopped at David's and had a bbq there...then Jeff and Randy went home....I got all my stuff loaded in my pickup and went home too....soaked all the dirt off and got the pics posted! lol

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
lol welcome home to you all

Glad you all had fun and enjoyment, lol I can tell seeing who ever is in the playground hanging lol

Thanks for the pictures I really did love seeing them

you guys are awesome to share the event with me

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That would be lil energetic Randy hanging there...he hung from and climbed everything he could find to climb...and used the pick on everything he could find to whack....and ran over the top of all the empty picnic tables and found every bone left behind...and and and gracious that kid has a lot of energy! lol He was a joy to have around, that is for sure!

So glad you enjoyed the pics...wish you could have been there with us!! ~hugs~

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Well, we finally made it back to Eugene, and after getting unloaded and mowing the weeds out front, here's some pics-

First is Dave getting a signal-

beep beep.jpg

Then this bear they have where we stopped for gas-

big bear.jpg

The brats and burgers were juicy and delicious!

brats on the Q.jpg

Then the blasying shed at this mining camp we checked out, it was on private land so we couldn't dig unfortunately....

blasting shed.jpg

FINALLY! A pic of Cyn!

Cyn 1.jpg

And a good one of Dave, the mighty pulltab slayer!

Pulltab slayer.jpg

Cyn got a little sun today-

Red Cyn.jpg

And finally, sunrise yesterday before we met up.

sunrise by Mount Vernon.jpg

Man, I can't tell you how much fun we had! Good places to check out and great people to do it with, thats what it's all about...

Hope we find some open ground to claim in that one area we checked Dave, I'll start looking into it tonight!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the pics are great good food, plenty of energy, fun, friends, ghost town, and critters! and beautiful weather who could ask for more! :icon_sunny:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Quote from TT-

WOWWEEEWOW!!! Looks like a fun weekend. Wish I could have been there. Gasoline was hard to get in my little corner of the world for the past 2 weeks. The price went up to $5.00/gallon and then the station closed its doors. LOL, is that a sign of things to come everywhere this summer? Hope not!!!! Now I'm back home where the price of gas is nearly $5.00/gallon, but not there yet (thank goodness). Had gas been easier to get, I might have made a run up to the John Day area to join you lucky Oregonians.

Ghost towns are a hoot to explore, so cool you guys went to one. Nice to know you guys pulled off this on-again/off-again weekend trip.

Time to plan another one? For fall?

Probably sooner than that, at least for me. We found some ground where I might wanna lay a claim. Shoulda done some testing, but there were claim signs all around and I want to check land status first, LOL! I'd like to get over there and visit more, and I may get the chance if this claim thing works out, heheheheh!

As far as another get together, I'd be up for it.... although its gonna get HOT HOT HOT over there real quick. Maybe southern Oregon or Bohemia area sometime? ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am definitely up for a trip with ya anytime! Well anytime we can all be off work! lol Or you can come over this way and stay and heck..look for a job while you are here! lol I do hope you can find some unclaimed areas up there where we were checking this morning. That would be a blast and more excuse to visit with you guys! I even forgive ya for posting pics of me! rofl Definitely before fall we gotta get together though! We gotta get Mary up here too though....somehow some way...gotta get past those dalburned gas prices even if we have to wait for fall for her to join us! What a great time!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyn,

Looks like everyone enjoyed the outing...awesome pics. You'll have to bake some of those cinnamon rolls for the CTH...just use the kitchen at the hall (headquarters). :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing all the fun with us.

:wink: RR

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
hmmm does this hall have breadmakers to knead the dough so I am not in the kitchen for 4 hrs missin out on the visitin? lol As many folks as there are going to be at CTH I would have a lot of baking to do and at approx 4 hrs per dozen rolls.....hmmmm yeah, would need breadmakers to knead the dough! rofl

Yes, we did have a great time! I have not had that much fun in a very long time!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Terrific pics.Glad you guys got together.That's gorgeous country up there and the pic of Cyn is gorgeous even if she didn't iron her hair first,it looked wrinkled.I spent 3yrs in Wash and was all over the place,I would think about going back if they would bring their cost of living down to the rest of the country.But anyway,it looked liked it was a super wknd for ya 'all.Cyn,I bet enough of these gals could bring bread machines to the CTH,if not,I'll buy you one to use!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Oki...surely I can get someone to run me to the grocery store to get ingredients as well so I will get at least SOME cinnamon rolls baked when we are there! lol

Oki Daddy...is Oregon as expensive as Washington? Seems to me when I lived in WA it was worse than here but maybe that is just because I hated all that rainy weather! lol Come on back out here....we would love to have ya!

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Saw much, found little, it was my day for pull tabs of all shapes and sizes, all I can say is that the trip was a blast. Jeff your " THE MAN " :thumbsup: and a true friend. Need to plan one up in the Bohemia area soon or maybe the Quartzville area. and get some machines to move dirt faster than a #2. might get more people since it would be on the west side

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Now there's an idea...... Quartzville would be ideal.... not too hot, not too cold, able to dredge, decent gold if we hit some, fairly easy access and centraly located. Yep, a good spot to think about for another one! ;D

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Jeffro said:
Now there's an idea...... Quartzville would be ideal.... not too hot, not too cold, able to dredge, decent gold if we hit some, fairly easy access and centraly located. Yep, a good spot to think about for another one! ;D
sounds like a plan, should we start another thread or keep it on this one

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I say start a new thread with the new trip then put a link to it here so folks can find it that come here. :thumbsup:

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
SO a little bit of gold, a nice ring, wheats and pulltabs. I AM SO JEALOUS I MISSED THIS ONE!
Man what a gorgeous sunrise photo! That alone was a treasure!
Nice to see pics of you all too. Maybe one of these days I wont be relying on photos to see you guys. sheesh
Jeffro...Nice to see your mug too. Nice ring by the way! :thumbsup:
I am going to go pout now. :P
~Nash~

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Cynangyl said:
awww man! I was hoping you would be coming! And here I was gonna bake homemade cinnamon rolls and everything! :tongue3: lol you guys have a great time and find lots of goodies. Sure wish you were going to be doing it with us!

We didn't make it down south either (rescheduled to this weekend). My little bro's graduation was on Saturday and then I spent sunday (and every day since) with a nasty stomach bug. Ever since Oliver started daycare a couple times a week, I've been enjoying all sorts of new bugs... :|

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! Glad you got together and very glad you shared all the pics and stories. Many thanks!

Jeffro, I love the sunrise pic, very nice! Randy looks like a ball of energy. Just the pictures are wearing me out. Is that what I have to look forward to in a few years? :o

Quartzville would be great for the next get together! I've been making it up there quite a bit in the last few years. Aside from the kids racing down to the bridge at 3 am looking for cell phone reception, it's an awesome place to camp. It's best to try to slip out there on a Thursday though. Most spots are gone by Friday, and with gold up to what it is, this year may be worse.

There's a private group campground at the Old Miner's Meadow a bit upstream from Yellowbottom that can be reserved. Last I checked it was only $30 a night! I've not stayed there, but I've been wanting to float my dredge up in that area. Heck, even just doing some crevicing would be fun, and you can't beat the price for a reserved group site.

Oh, found a link: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/O...ode=NRSO&parkId=75016&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Okay, the alert about possible loud neighbors isn't exciting, but might get lucky.

Keep us posted on the plans. I'll try to drag my butt out to this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread